my very first recording

lfoo6952

Reaction score
Hi folks:

This is my very first recording on this forum. I had just purchased a brand new Sony HDR-MV1 camcorder, made for musicians. It has a wide angle lens that captures your entire upper body when positioning the camera about a foot away from you, which will give the optimum sound capture.

So put on your headphones. I'd like your thoughts about the video and audio quality. And hope you enjoy my song. Here is the link:
https://vimeo.com/209488711

Luke

Bravo Luke! I think both the video and audio quality are outstanding. Picture is crisp and focused. The audio is clean and natural. It feels like I'm sitting right in the room with you. And love the tone on that Graziano. Looking forward to more of your recordings. :shaka:

Wow, Luke! Well done! Looks and sounds great! It's good that you can get close to the mic, but still allow us to see your strumming. When I make videos, I like to sit close to the camera so that the mic can better pick up my voice, but then viewers can't see the strumming.

Thank you Jim and John for your feedback. Looks like I made the right choice. My other option to buy was a Zoom recorder. Another feature of the Sony is it has Wi-Fi connectivity with a smartphone to control the on/off and act as a viewfinder.

Top Bottom