Long Term Tonerite reports?

BBaird

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been curious about trying a Tonerite for awhile now and have read/heard good reviews, but some of the so-so reviews have kept me from moving forward...

So does anyone that has one and liked it originally still use it and still recommend one? Thanks!

Very curious myself..........been close but never purchased.

Here's a recent UMGF thread (including a post of mine) on the subject that you might enjoy: http://theunofficialmartinguitarforum.yuku.com/reply/2015495#reply-2015495

That was a fun read! To cut to the chase on the study done:

"We therefore conclude that any changes associated with the vibration treatment we performed are negligible. We do not make conclusions on the origin of the widespread anecdotal reports of improvements in sound associated with this vibration treatment, but note that the well-established effects of the power of suggestion and marketing [27], as well as the lack of double-blind, control testing might be a factor in these anecdotal reports. We also do not make conclusions about possible effects of more vigorous vibration treatment,including that of playing the guitar for decades, or of the effects of simple aging on guitar tone. We do however suggest that the methods utilized in this study can be used to investigate the effects of these treatments and others on wooden string instruments of various types."

No surprises there.

Kind of what I figured, thanks everyone!

I've had one for a few years now and I generally do a ToneRite conditioning on
my newly-acquired ukes.

most recently I did my Cocobolo longneck soprano for almost a month, and prior
to that my Martin OXK on and off for a few days/weeks. OK, OK, if I'm using the
uke, like the Martin, on a daily basis, I don't feel the need to do the ToneRite.
And, since I've been using the Martin just about exclusively, I was able to leave
the Cocobolo on the ToneRite for weeks!

I did play the Cocobolo the other day and thought it sounded more mellow than I
remembered it sounding. Also, slight increase in volume... but it does have a personal
soundhole as well :)

I agree with the concepts of 'power of suggestion and marketing' so I won't say that
it has made a scientific improvement, but I like to think so :)

anyway, my experiences with the ToneRite have been personally reassuring, whether
scientifically true or not, so I intend to keep on using it.

You mileage may vary, but keep uke'in' anyway,

Top Bottom