Mya Moe NUD delayed - xxxx happens when working with wood

macfish

Reaction score
Yikes. Last January I decided to order a tenor resonator. Notified in December to lock config, and it started March 6. So fun to track its progress. We got to the first coat of oil and BAM. Got a call from Char saying there is an issue with the side/sides, apparently unsalvageable. Back to square one. Sigh. I've waited a year, I can wait a bit longer. And feel bad they had so much work put into it. But I was able to select a higher wood grade. Watcha gonna do - life happens! Hope they can use the old one for something other than kindling...

2180-9.jpg

Any other uke building disaster stories?

Sorry to hear about that. They are great people to work with and they will not sell a less than perfect instrument.

Any other uke building disaster stories?

I've told the story before about how Cocobolo Super Concert #001 took three tries. The first developed a cracked top before it left the shop, the second was delivered but had really bad intonation due to a fret template mistake, the third has been great. Shtuff happens. :p

I'm amazed it doesn't happen more frequently - thin piece of wood that is totally unique and organic. I bet they're as gutted as you. Still you get to re-spec and upgrade! You'll appreciate it all the more when it arrives :)

Top Bottom