Show me your weird ukuleles

Rob Uker

Reaction score
Over the years I've seen ukuleles in a lot of strange shapes. I favor vintage electric guitar shapes but I've also seen Watermelons, the state of Michigan, a Corgi's face a snail, boat paddles...The possibilities are limitless.
Let's see what's out there.15 Mini Me.jpg

Not sure if it's weird enough but here's my Alida ES 330 copy along side my '62 Gibson ES 330. I changed out the tail piece from the 6 string sent with it to a proper four string one and had it professionally setup including moving the bridge a bit for proper intonation. If I decide not to sell it, I may install a couple hi end pickups.

Attachments

• phpT9bBexPM.jpg
    phpT9bBexPM.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Maybe not weird..........more unusual. :)

RISA electrics - Uke Ellie tenor - Solid/stick tenor - Solid/stick concert
P1000581.jpg

Brunswick plastic concert - Ohana CK35L - Ohana SK30L - Kala KA-SLNG
P1000583.jpg

I would designate mine as different rather then weird, a custom made mandolele to which I added the tailpiece and extra fret markers.

Mandolele black finished 700.jpg

Last edited:
I can't find any pictures except for 2 during building process so here is a video I made some time ago of my "Hamalele".

I Love It!!! It reminds me of a lute and I also love repurposed things. Keep building!!!

Rob Uker and One Man...thanks. You should try it. It was fun. Except for the fretboard, tedious work there! I plan to build other things and have collected a lot of things to be made into ukes. Now, I just need to find time and energy :)

Hope other keep posting. I love to look at all kinds of ukes...art IMO.

Just keep scrolling down
I done cigar boxes, lunch boxes , cookie tins, a toilet seat guitar and a bunch of ukulele versions of guitars. Building has turned int an obsession. I'm up to 42 successful instruments. https://m.facebook.com/RIGuitars/

My kids have these.

The pink one is long gone, dreadful cheap rubish, but the Spongebob is still going strong.

5c37ffe9584dcc201871cb238c39c470-d4kim6p.jpg

IMG_4224.jpg
Here's one of the cookie tins. My wife gave it to me and challenged me to do something with it.

Top Bottom