Emergency C string

frigiliana

Reaction score
Hi i wonder if anybody can advise me on a classical guitar string or any other string that i can fit on my tenor ukulele to replace a snapped C (3rd) string unfortunately there isn't a store that sells ukulele strings near me i have to order online but there is a guitar store near me and i have a club get together tomorrow ?

Magic thanks jollyboy your a life saver . Just in case they don't stock that particular make what should i ask for ?

Another option would be a Thomastik-Infeld CF-27, but I would think it more likely that they have the D'Addario, especially as a single. Can you call them to check stock?

Thanks again there only 10 minutes away so theres no problem poping down to see what they have in stock it was more a case of what to ask for. What string does the D'Addario silver wound on nylon NYL022W relate to on a guitar it doesn't say on there website
Is it the G string on a guitar ?

Last edited:
Won't help this time, but I always keep a spare set in my case. I use the spare set for the next string change and keep a new set as a spare.

Classical guitar G string will indeed do the trick. I also like the CF27 mentioned above but not many places sell them around me.

If you're popping down the shop, take the broken string and ask if they can match it for thickness ... they may have strings for another instrument, or even rolls of bulk string they can cut you a length from.

Good luck :)

I was that mad with the snapped Aquila red string i threw it straight in the dustbin (garbage bin ) thats the second Aquila string that gone in two weeks , i'm going to ask my local Guitar shop if they can get some Thomastik strings for me and use them from now on . The air was blue in our house my wife hasn't heard me swear like that for a long time .

Yes it does seem thats the way to go unfortunately they're not readily available in the UK. I'd love Fremont to make a soloist C string but in the interim i'm looking to get my hands on the Thomastik CF27.

Thanks for all your great advise , special thanks to Pirate Jim for the link to the site he gets the Thomastik strings from .

Top Bottom