Hawaii Music Supply (HMS)

Santa

Reaction score
Have heard a lot of good reports about HMS, my problem is in getting them to respond to an email, I also attempted to contact them via the site contact form, its now 7 days since I inquired about a uke I wish to buy, not a word other than an auto response email suggesting a phone call may be a better alternative and that they may not respond to my email in a timely manner. (time difference makes this a problem)

I know exactly what I want and am ready to order, just need a little more info, frustrating.:confused:

I'm sure someone more in the know will pipe in, but Andrew guys are SLAMMING these days. Most times I've emailed HMS Andrew has responded to me personally and he's, without a doubt, the hardest working/busiest guy in the shop (maybe even in the state). I'd try giving them a call if you can swing the time change. It is Hawai'i, after all... :)

Santa - That certainly is frustrating. I've always found them responsive, so maybe your email didn't get through. I would definitely recommend calling if you can. While they are busy, they are always eager to help customers/potential customers.

I'm sure someone more in the know will pipe in, but Andrew guys are SLAMMING these days. Most times I've emailed HMS Andrew has responded to me personally and he's, without a doubt, the hardest working/busiest guy in the shop (maybe even in the state). I'd try giving them a call if you can swing the time change. It is Hawai'i, after all... :)

Thanks Brad, just tried calling them, 2.30 PM Friday over there, recorded message asking me to leave phone number for call back, these guys certainly are difficult to contact.:(

Looks like I may have to find a retailer on mainland US.

Santa - That certainly is frustrating. I've always found them responsive, so maybe your email didn't get through. I would definitely recommend calling if you can. While they are busy, they are always eager to help customers/potential customers.

Yep! frustrating is the word Eddie, have now emailed, used the contact form on their site and phoned without success.

Its a shame, have heard such good things about them.

try calling Andrew directly on his cell 808 781 9168

Please don't give up.
The first time I tried them. No one ever answered the call. I was not a member here therefore I knew nothing about this shop. I was like you. Frustrated and lost interest buying from them. I was surprised when I received a call from Andrew ( the owner). He saw my number showed up several time on the same day so he knew someone should return the call. I visited the shop and the warehouse when I was in Hawaii. Nice people. Eager to help. You will not disappoint! Just keep trying or email Zach. His email address is on the site.

Please don't give up.
The first time I tried them. No one ever answered the call. I was not a member here therefore I knew nothing about this shop. I was like you. Frustrated and lost interest buying from them. I was surprised when I received a call from Andrew ( the owner). He saw my number showed up several time on the same day so he knew someone should return the call. I visited the shop and the warehouse when I was in Hawaii. Nice people. Eager to help. You will not disappoint! Just keep trying or email Zach. His email address is on the site.

Thanks Brenda,

Believe it or not just received a call from Andrew, similar situation to you, he was extremely helpful and apologetic, seems something may happen now.:)

I am glad everything worked out
You just got special attention from The boss himself.
Enjoy. Please post pic of your uke

Thanks to all who have taken time to reply, as I said, have spoken to Andrew who has already had one of his people email photos, a selection has been made, now a matter of sorting out the detail.:)

The HMS crew are a great bunch! Good to hear you finally got in contact with Andrew, you will not be disappointed with whatever you choose to order.

Glad you were able to get in touch--I've only ever contacted them once via email and got a response from Andrew in a timely manner. I was trying to get on the wait list for an upcoming instrument...hoping that it happens by around year-end.

Does anyone know what the current estimate is for HMS returning customer voicemails? I called the number on my packing invoice after 4pm ET (i.e. after 10am Hawaii time) and I'm wondering if I should continue waiting for a response or try calling again. :confused:

Well! that was a bit of a marathon, 7 weeks ago I made my first post in this thread, 2 days ago the Ziricote tenor I chose arrived safe and sound in MD.

Biggest problem was the fact that we were trying to coordinate purchase and delivery between HMS, myself (in Australia) and my daughter (in the US).

All a bit of a marathon, so the conclusion is I will have a nice new Kala tenor awaiting my arrival in about 6 weeks, all's well that ends well.:)

Send an email, they will get back to you quickly.

Ok.

Well! that was a bit of a marathon, 7 weeks ago I made my first post in this thread, 2 days ago the Ziricote tenor I chose arrived safe and sound in MD.

Biggest problem was the fact that we were trying to coordinate purchase and delivery between HMS, myself (in Australia) and my daughter (in the US).

All a bit of a marathon, so the conclusion is I will have a nice new Kala tenor awaiting my arrival in about 6 weeks, all's well that ends well.:)

I'm glad to hear everything worked out.

I'm glad you got that sorted. I've bought three ukes from them, and I have to say, buying from the Ukulele Site has been the greatest online retail experience I've ever had. Cuz it's not really online; it's the corner shop that totally knows its products and its customer base. The selection and pricing and service and follow through is just unreal.

And for the record, I have no connection to them other than sending them money for awesome ukes. :)

Does anyone know what the current estimate is for HMS returning customer voicemails? I called the number on my packing invoice after 4pm ET (i.e. after 10am Hawaii time) and I'm wondering if I should continue waiting for a response or try calling again. :confused:

Don't hold your breath waiting, they will get back to you, however, in my recent experience, when they get around to it, seems they work on island time.:)

Top Bottom