Flukes and Fleas discounted...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jer

Reaction score
https://www.geartree.com/
Has various Flukes and Fleas at lower than usual prices. Some can be had as package deals with a gigbag included, so look for bundles.
If it still works, try this code: promo10
for an additional 10% off your order. If it doesn't work, try signing up for their e-mail list and get another code.
Just be aware there is at least one Flea concert walnut with a headstock that wasn't uniformly sanded and some tuner holes slightly mis-aligned (would NOT matter if you plan to keep the friction tuners, mattered to me because I wanted to ream the holes larger for geared tuners). I sent it back after my inspection and strumming just a few chords. No problems with return. Quick refund. It was about $170 shipped in the USA for the bundle with gigbag.
Contacted Dale from Magic Fluke, and he verified they had some older stock on specifically the concert Flea at Geartree and their new neck maker is much more consistent. Magic Fluke makes a consistent quality product most always...they can't be perfect though. For $170 or so, still a good deal even on that one.
Also, have noticed some description mistakes on that site before, so make sure you're getting what you think you are. Example: some concert fleas originally said "14" scale" but were labeled as concert in the main heading.
Some of the prices are the same for just the uke as for the bundle. so definitely worth looking through all listings for the bundle.

Hope this helps someone. I just thought I'd go ahead and pass it along.

Last edited:
I dunno what they got going now, but back in January I was going to buy the mango hibiscus tenor Fluke with gig bag and tuner for $229 [from geartree, direct on their site] and when I went to check out they were going to charge me something like $40 shipping to NJ, and an extra 15% restocking fee if I wanted to return it. I passed on this vendor completely as this is just bad form. They are also selling all over Amazon and eBay. I dont have time to play games with dodgy shipping and/or return policies.

There are many other choices that sell MFC ukes for good prices, such as Gryphon Strings, so geartree may not be the same deal for everyone.

Also, since Jan 2017, I notice that Elderly's prices for MFC ukes has gone up almost 18% compared to Sept 2016.

Not sure why.

Last edited:
I jumped in on this deal a little while back for the soprano flea. I accidentally added insurance to my order and checked out without realizing it. I emailed them and they contacted me within 6 hours refunding me the insurance. Total came to $162 shipped. I have no complaints with them whatsoever.

I ordered directly through the site. At most places, ordering through amazon can cause delays. Shipping was either free or maybe just like $3 to the southeast, USA.

Yeah, I definitely noticed the prices at Elderly going up on these. They are high enough that I don't consider them to be a good deal....particularly the Firefly banjos.
I know one vendor stopped selling MFC because they couldn't get them at a low enough price to turn a real profit.... It may get to where they are more of a buy direct company. I don't know.

I have ordered 2 Fleas from Geartree through Amazon. Great price and VERY fast shipping. Both ukes, though ordered at different times and delivered to different addresses arrived a day ahead of scheduled delivery.

I ordered a Flea thru geartree and the action was ridiculously high. They handled the return/refund just fine, timely and smooth, but in that time I came to feel that I really want wood not plastic and am now Flealess and very happy with others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom