Stud Fuchs Workshop which Uke to Take

Osprey

Reaction score
I am going to a Stu Fuchs workshop in Panama City on Thursday, Finger-picking Demystified and Uke-a-Billy. Although I started on
Tenor ukes and played them for over three yrs, I have for the last month or so been playing the Baritone. Would playing a DGBE Baritone be OK or should I bring one of my Tenors?

That's a pretty good question. I would think you might want to check with Stu or the organizers of the event to see if the baritone would be appropriate.

I am going to a Stu Fuchs workshop in Panama City on Thursday, Finger-picking Demystified and Uke-a-Billy. Although I started on
Tenor ukes and played them for over three yrs, I have for the last month or so been playing the Baritone. Would playing a DGBE Baritone be OK or should I bring one of my Tenors?

Either would be fine, but Stu's sessions are usually done on std CGEA tuned instruments. If you can transpose on the fly, bring your baritone. Otherwise, tenor is probably best.

Or just bring both - you'll have a great time!

Stu will probably appreciate you for calling him "Stud" (in the title) and let you play whatever you like.:p

I would bring a tenor if you want to fit in..........a baritone if you want to stand out

Any GCEA tuned uke.

Stu will probably appreciate you for calling him "Stud" (in the title) and let you play whatever you like.:p

Ha ha, I saw that too! I don't think he was trying to be funny, but he succeeded anyway!
Stu usually plays a Kala tenor....
I went into the local hardware the other for a "Stud finder" to put ukulele hangers on our walls, and reassured the clerk that I was NOT looking for a date. He smiled and chuckled.

Ha ha, I saw that too! I don't think he was trying to be funny, but he succeeded anyway!
Stu usually plays a Kala tenor....
I went into the local hardware the other for a "Stud finder" to put ukulele hangers on our walls, and reassured the clerk that I was NOT looking for a date. He smiled and chuckled.

Sometimes spellchecker is your friend....sometimes not so much.

I should learn to always double check what I have entered before hitting the post button.

I will bring a Tenor. I am sure what I learn will be transferable to the Baritone.

Last edited:
I used Stu's website to ask him. He replied an hour or so later and said to bring both so I will.

Really looking forward to this.

I used Stu's website to ask him. He replied an hour or so later and said to bring both so I will.

Gee, I wish I'd said that!

Tell Stu that Kurt from Schenectady said hello - he may or may not remember me without the Visual Cues, but whenever we're at an event together, he does call me by name, without prompting...

-Kurt​

Top Bottom