Con Le Mie Lacrime Così (As Tears Go By)

redpaul1

Reaction score
I'd researched all these Italian songs in Italian that were either covers of English-language originals, or were Italian originals later turned into English-language hits for the 266th Season Of The Ukulele, only to realise when checking the rubric, that there was a 3-song limit. So without further ado, I present to you the first of 4 songs I knocked off the other night. There's some flubs here and there, but as they were hors concours, I let them go.

This last, "As Tears Go By", was one of the first ever Jagger/Richard compositions, they were too embarrassed to put it out themselves, as it didn't really fit their 'bad boy' image, giving instead it to Mick's then-girlfriend, Marianne Faithful - but this Italian-language version was released as a single in Italy in 1965 backed by 'Heart of Stone'. The Stones do include "As Tears Go By" in their setlists today, but when they're touring Italy, they do this version. Italian lyrics by Danpa (Dante Panzuti).

I don't know what happened with this one, but right toward the end, the volume on my uke went up to 11. I thought at the time it was the battery in the active pickup, but now I'm more inclined to think I had a loose lead that suddenly connected.

Last edited:
Top Bottom