WTB - Mele Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

onyx725

Reaction score
Looking to buy a Mele mahogany concert. Please let me know what you got. You can also pm me.

Thanks.

Last edited:
To the top. Surely somebody has one sitting in a case not getting played?

Sitting in a case not getting played? On the contrary, my Mele concert isn't going anywhere. Sorry, but good luck! I love my Mele uke, and I hope you do too when you find one.

My Mele concert is a 6 string....staying right where it is.

Just not seeing a lot of Mele's in online stores. Just in eBay. Any other online retailer out there?

Yes, I only see their eBay store (which references the meleukulele website). So far haven't seen any other online store carrying Mele ukes.

Thanks for the heads-up Robin and Phil. I'm torn between the mahogany and koa top. The latter with the rope binding on top looks tempting but I currently have 2 koa ukes and no mahogany yet.

I am out of the Mele loop, but I used to be the resident expert here, but that was under a different name.
If I am not mistaken the only place to get a new Mele is from Mele. or used.

I have a nice koa back and sides and redwood top, I was going to sell, but I discovered a small crack in it last week.

You will enjoy your Mele.

When I was in at the shop, I played the Koa top, the all Koa, and the mahogany. Each had a very distinctive characteristic. If you are after a deep, rich, typically mahogany sound, I definitely recommend their mahogany. I got a Mango one because I wanted something brighter.

Although the ropework is beautiful, remember that Mele ukes already have a decorative trim thing on the side (rather than try to explain it, just look at some pictures).

Mele mahogany ukes I've heard, concert size and above, sounded sweet and full, just like good mahogany should. I had a mahogany soprano I couldn't get to sound good, but been kicking myself for getting rid of it before trying more string sets. Martin sounded like poop on it, who'd a thunk it. I often think how nice it would be to have a tenor cutaway with a pickup. Plays like butter, sounds like mahogany heaven.

I had a chance to try someone's mahogany concert yesterday. It has a narrow neck which I found easy to play. Plus a a great, rich tone, so different than my koa super concert, which is brighter. Liking the 'hog so much.

Sorry to hear about your redwood Mele, Cornelius. I hope the crack can be easily glued/fixed and doesn't affect the sound of your uke.

I have contacted Mele and have been given three options for the mahogany concert. Oh man, I don't know which one to choose!

IMG_3927.jpg

The pineapple sounds huge, next is fairly loud double puka, very tempting. Nearly everyone has a uke with just one hole in it. Good luck choosing.

Sorry to hear about your redwood Mele, Cornelius. I hope the crack can be easily glued/fixed and doesn't affect the sound of your uke.

My fault. I lost my humidifier and haven't replaced it yet. Alaska gets very dry. It is a hairline and doesn't effect the sound at all. I am assuming it is humidity caused, but I have seen my kids standing on the hard case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom