PDA

View Full Version : Bubble wrap for packing material

Vespa Bob
03-28-2017, 12:05 PM
I remember a thread discussing packaging ukuleles for shipment where bubble wrap was considered a no-no as it marred the surface of the uke. What about if it was used over a hard case wrapped in cloth with the uke inside the case? I was about to do this, but am holding off until I hear some words of wisdom! Thanks in advance.
Bob

Moore Bettah Ukuleles
03-28-2017, 12:15 PM
I remember a thread discussing packaging ukuleles for shipment where bubble wrap was considered a no-no as it marred the surface of the uke. What about if it was used over a hard case wrapped in cloth with the uke inside the case? I was about to do this, but am holding off until I hear some words of wisdom! Thanks in advance.
Bob

You'll be fine with bubble wrap as long s the uke is in it's case. I always put the case inside a large plastic bag anyway. An alternative to bubble wrap is the 3' wide rolls of brown kraft paper that they sell as "drop cloth" (Home Depot). Unless you're using recycled bubblewrap it's much better for the environment. Cheaper than new bubble wrap.

Vespa Bob
03-28-2017, 01:16 PM
Thanks, Chuck, for the quick response. The bubble wrap I'm using is recycled. Also, I think it's lighter than the brown paper.

Bob

Stagehand
03-28-2017, 02:34 PM
Wrap the uke in newspaper, then bubble wrap over the paper if you are not shipping in a case or gig bag.
This might be the thread you were thinking of... http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?122269-I-sold-two-ukuleles!&highlight=bubble+wrap

Vespa Bob
03-29-2017, 04:02 AM
Yes, that's the one, I didn't realize that I'd started it!

Bob

Stagehand
03-29-2017, 01:25 PM
To be honest, I didn't realize it myself until now.