WTB Kamaka Baritone

Rodeo

Reaction score
Howdy,
Im on a kamaka baritone jones. Searching for something built in 2000 or newer. HMU if you have one you're looking to move.

Non-smoker instruments only plz.

jon

Check out the older ones. I had a white label baritone Kamaka that I sold some time back. It sounded wonderful with Worth Brown strings.

John S, or Ernie,
Can you offer a timeframe in regards to Earlier?

thanks!

I think the one that I had was 1960's or 70's. As long as it's in good shape a solid Koa Kamaka ukulele should sound great. I don't know if it is a case of the wood "opening up'" with time.

Those that I've liked have been 60's and 70's as well. At some point they seemed to start building them heavier, but I don't know exactly when. The bridge style is one delineation marker for me.

I think the one that I had was 1960's or 70's. As long as it's in good shape a solid Koa Kamaka ukulele should sound great. I don't know if it is a case of the wood "opening up'" with time.

Definitely 1970's. I bought that baritone through CL, and the little old lady had been storing it for son since then. He told her to just get rid of it cheap. I was lucky enough to be the first to message her.

That thing sounded amazing, but I'm just not a baritone player.

Definitely 1970's. I bought that baritone through CL, and the little old lady had been storing it for son since then. He told her to just get rid of it cheap. I was lucky enough to be the first to message her.

That thing sounded amazing, but I'm just not a baritone player.

It was a beauty. I had regretted selling that one.

I have the late 70's one Ernie sold and Eddie didn't bond with so he passed it on to me. It's a beaut! I love the look feel and sound of it. The only thing I would change would be the tuners. I've had it almost a year now. Time flies when you're having fun! I play it quite a bit and have done a few vids with it too.

Thanks for all the thoughts and pro opinions. I found a used '60s that im looking into now.
Anyone have an opinion on the new ones? The 100yr anniversary and newer?

Thanks again.
Jon

Top Bottom