Brazilian Walnut Baritone Photo Set

BR Ukuleles

Reaction score
One of my more elaborate builds that I think has turned out a treat.

It's a 21.5" scale baritone made from Imbula (Brazilian Walnut) and Western Red Cedar sound board. Quilted maple bindings. Ebony fret board, bridge and peg head veneers. New Guinea Rosewood neck. High gloss lacquer finish.

Imbula and Cedar Baritone-5.jpgImbula and Cedar Baritone-6.jpgImbula and Cedar Baritone-11.jpgImbula and Cedar Baritone-12.jpgImbula and Cedar Baritone-13.jpg

'One of my more elaborate builds that I think has turned out a treat.'

I agree: its a beauty with even more evidence of your undoubted skill!

Sometimes I wonder if you ever have an off day, where things don't work out the way you planned?

You're really dialing up the aesthetics on this one Allen. Love the back inlay and that imbula is burl like. That's a handsome neck wood. I've never used New Guinea Rosewood. Is it heavy?

One of my more elaborate builds that I think has turned out a treat.

It's a 21.5" scale baritone made from Imbula (Brazilian Walnut) and Western Red Cedar sound board. Quilted maple bindings. Ebony fret board, bridge and peg head veneers. New Guinea Rosewood neck. High gloss lacquer finish.

View attachment 98952View attachment 98953View attachment 98954View attachment 98955View attachment 98956

Man, that is a nice one. You've developed a signature style, from the headstock, soundhole, rosette, to bridge pins. Everything unique is well established, and a Barron real deal for whoever purchases it.

You're really dialing up the aesthetics on this one Allen. Love the back inlay and that imbula is burl like. That's a handsome neck wood. I've never used New Guinea Rosewood. Is it heavy?

New Guinea Rosewood is what Americans call Narra. It ranges from a light straw color to red. Can have almost every type of figure in it that you can think of. It's a fantastic tonewood and very plentiful here. Most often used in Australia as a cabinet timber and locally for windows, shutters and doors.

Amboyna burl is the same species and the bridge veneer and some of the inlay on the back is that.

Love the body shape, with it's longer length and tighter waist to say it's "sexy" would be an understatement ;)

Whoa, idk what it is exactly but something about that uke just calls to me. Its gorgeous. Very very unique looking without looking like its trying too hard. Welp time to start saving again :D

Red cedar and Imbuya? That makes for a real orfactory delight. Back in the 90's made loads of parlor and terz guitars from Imbuya - fantastic toneowood with excellent working proeprties. Nice work Allen.

Top Bottom