String direction

Ukecaster

Reaction score
I read a post on strings where someone mentioned using some used strings again, and had issues because they had used the nut end of the used string at the bridge, and then later reversed it, and heard an improvement. I'm assuming that only applies to used strings, and that string direction is not an issue on new sets...correct?

Direction is not an issue to those of us in the Northern Hemisphere, but our Aussie and Kiwi pals need to string them opposite of us.
:)

It's not April 1st for a couple more days...

Hey, some people in the electric guitar community argue that an instrument cable has acertain end for the guitar, and certain end for amp, and you should know which, as the sound is different, so you never know! ;)

then later reversed it, and heard an improvement.

Yeah, the sound was probably coming out of the back of the uke until they reversed the strings.

Seriously though, I suppose that the used strings could have had a kink in them from where they wound around the tuning pegs or something. If they were installed "backwards", and that kink wasn't pulled out due to string tension, perhaps the intonation would be off as the string was fretted and the kink gave way a little bit. But even that's a real stretch of the imagination.

Top Bottom