FS: Oregon myrtle and Englemann spruce Tenor

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
With Italian concertina style ivoroid binding this fabtastic sounding tenor came out a real treat. The spectacular Oregon myrtle was supplied by Les Stansell and the mastergrade Englemann spruce came from Kootenay Tonewoods. We used Port Orford cedar for the neck and ebony for the bridge, fingerboard and end pin. Corian nut and saddle with gold pearl dots at 5, 7 and 10 fret positions - black abs side dots. Water-clear gloss cellulose finish on body, satin matt on the neck and pearl inlaid ebony headplate.

This instrument is made with no Appendix II CITES material so is fully exportable Internationally without the need for documentation.

£2400 or $3000 at current exchange rate. Comes with hard shell case. Shipping in UK is £75. International shipping is $120
Remember if you want to import this instrument you may have to pay local duty and taxes...

MyrtleBling4.jpg

MyrtleBling3.jpg

MyrtleBling.jpg

MyrtleBling2.jpg

Contact me direct: pete@petehowlettukulele.com or petehowlettukulele@gmail.com

Absolutely beautiful. One can only dream.

You know your stuff Pete.

Stunning instrument. I have always been completely blown away by the beauty of Pete's instruments. They are elegant with great attention to detail. He really lets his craftsmanship and the beauty of his wood speak for itself. In recordings I have heard, the instruments have a nice ring and clear voice.

Good luck with the sale.

you have no problems exporting/importing abalone or shell?

Not this stuff - it is ablam and is not endangered or restricted to my knowledge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom