Ukuleles are our sweethearts

jollyboy

Reaction score
Hi,

I was talking to fellow UUer Mivo just the other day about his most recent impulse purchase (the latest of many) - a very lovely aNueNue Moon Bird concert. He told me of the powerful attraction he felt for this uke and how his overwhelming desire to possess it led him to order one from Matt at World of Ukes. I had to admit that I was rather jealous, as the Moon Bird is indeed a rare beauty. I compared my reaction to how I might feel upon hearing that a friend had started dating a particularly attractive woman. I would be pleased for my friend, of course, but also I would be a little envious.

Fortunately I have my baritone Scarlett (named after Scarlett Johansson) to keep me company. I often lie on the couch gently caressing the pleasing curves of her rounded body, stroking her silky strings and running a hand up and down her long slender neck. I serenade her with tender love songs and she, in turn, lends her sweet voice to mine. Ah, what bliss!

Anyone else feeling the love?

have you considered joining an online dating site? :uhoh:

You and Scarlett Johansson need to get a room. I can see the smile on your face from here jollyboy. After your last paragraph I need a shower. I really don't know what to say.

Damn you JohnM2001 you beat me to the punch line :p

(One of many?! :p By local standards I am almost a monoukelist!)

I admit though, I do so love new ukuleles, there is always the magic of the unexplored, the exhilaration of the accomplished hunt, the melodious murmur when you first gently stroke the strings where no hands have strummed before, the aphrodisiac odor that steams out of the sound hole... it never gets old.

(One of many?! :p By local standards I am almost a monoukelist!)

I admit though, I do so love new ukuleles, there is always the magic of the unexplored, the exhilaration of the accomplished hunt, the melodious murmur when you first gently stroke the strings where no hands have strummed before, the aphrodisiac odor that steams out of the sound hole... it never gets old.

Then would you be suffering from mono-uke-leosis?

You guys kill me....

I bought a new uke the other week - but only because it needed a good home.

I'm not in love with it..........after all, it's only a uke! :p

You and Scarlett Johansson need to get a room.

Dave - I've told myself the same thing many, many times ;)

FYI everyone - as I'm typing this it's still April 1st. Have a good one :D

(Big thanks to Mivo for playing along :))

Dave - I've told myself the same thing many, many times ;)

FYI everyone - as I'm typing this it's still April 1st. Have a good one :D

(Big thanks to Mivo for playing along :))
Good one.:)

Top Bottom