Finally Got The New Site Up

Very nicely done. I've built websites and the only suggestion I will make is to write Oregon instead of OR. For a moment I thought it was a regular or, just to avoid any possible confusion.

Looks great Aaron. I think they way you have build slots organized to purchase is an excellent way of doing it, very organized and clean.

Maybe when you have some extra free time (ha jk) a section on the website that goes into your philosophy on building and instrument acoustics would help customers really understand what you are trying to achieve and maybe what makes this venture unique from your work at mya moe.

Congrats. I don't have a Beansprout, but played a few at the Tampa Bay Uke Getaways. Awesome instruments. May be in your neighborhood later in the year.

I'm not a builder, but I love this. Seems like a very logical progression. There aren't very many banjo uke builders out there - Waverly, Dennis in NZ, and you are all I can think of - hopefully you can build this niche out and grow the market.

Pistachio is a cool addition too. I have tried on a couple of occasions to get a traditional uke made from pistachio and nobody was willing to risk it. Would it possibly work for the pot? I bet that would make for a really unique look.

Oh, you asked about the website. I think it's great. All the essential info is there. The videos are very well done and showcase the instruments well. I really can't think of anything to change or add (except the "Oregon" suggestion - I agree with that).

Last edited:
Thanks for the input, folks.

Jim Hanks: Yes, pistachio works for the rim, although it makes it even heavier. Right now, I am putting a pistachio "tone ring" on walnut or maple rims. Later, I might do all pistachio rims. I also have ukulele back and sides sets that are truly stunning that I am saving for later. We did a mya-moe with pistachio back and sides to test it out and it was awesome. See it here: http://www.myamoeukuleles.com/gallerySearchResults.php?backParent=Pistachio

Aaron

Hi Aaron,
Very nice site. Good to see you back.

Nice clean site. I like it.

I would extend the links to the text below the images. I clicked on the [INSTRUMENT MODELS] text twice before trying out the image to see if that's where the link was.

Cheers!

Aaron, the site looks great and I wish you all the success in the world. I own a Mya-Moe and I can attest to the wonderful quality of your work. I look forward to getting to see some of your solo work soon. I know it will be great!

Aaron, I'm far from a website expert, but I like your new one. It's always nice to see a video of the person introducing the product, especially a musical instrument.
I admire the fact that no tropical woods are used. There are plenty of good ol North American woods available, as long as we renew the trees.
The banjos are super. My skill range nowhere near justifies that nice of a banjolele for me. I just got a Duke, the neck was too fat, so my local luthier is honing it down to fit my hand. I'm anxious to get it back and try learning that split stroke and clawhammer.
Maybe someday I'll be able to afford a Beansprout!
Best wishes!

Looks great Aaron :)

Top Bottom