My sling/strap system...

Komichido

Reaction score
So I decided to post up my own system for a sling/strap for my Uke. I looked over and over for a system I could use and I couldn't find anything that felt right for me so I came up with my own twist. I haven't seen this anywhere so if it does exist out there I didn't know.
I put a strap knob on the underside of my heel and attached a Guitar strap. I run the strap over my left shoulder, around my back and under my right arm. I attached a steel button to the front of the strap and attached the other end.
It holds the fret board in a perfect position for me and is so comfortable playing. If you are searching for a system give it a try. I will post pictures in a few mins...20170403_172024.jpg20170403_172701.jpg

Last edited:
If it works for you, great. Just curious - I assume you've tried the standard two button setup with strap also attached at the base of the uke. What about that doesn't work?

Sure did, I'm a guitar player and am used to that system. I just didn't like the feel on the Uke..I'm just sharing this for those that might find it useful

Thanks! I have some vintage ukes with no strap buttons, and will try that tied from the headstock, or install a heel button like the OP. I have plenty of guitar straps around for experimentation. I would rather not drill into the lower bout, and some ukes don't seem to have blocks.

For those who would rather not drill their ukulele for any strap buttons -- yet still want complete hands-free support -- please check out my Mobius Strap at http://www.mobiusstrap.com.

There is an EASY way to put a button on the bottom bout of a ukulele with no end block. Make the hole.. run a string through it that is about 3 feet long. Cut a circular piece of solid wood (no laminated) that will stay within the boudaries of the flat bottom. {a square also works, but there is no way to make sure the corners come out pure up-down/left right}. Make the same size hole in the 1/2 " thick block of wood. Feed the bock through the string that youhave drawn up through the sound hole [no matter where that sound hole may be] Behind the block of wood put a small button with the string through any of the holes. tie a knot that will not slip through the button hole. Put a yellow wood worker's glue around the edge of the wood piece you want glued to the inside of the uke. Spread it so it won't drip with your finger. Now take the end sticking out of the uke at the tail end and quickly pull it so the wood is up against the inside.. Hang the uke upside down and tie the string somewhere so the uke is hanging upside down. ==a closet pole is a great place==
About 8 hours later, pull the string out through the sound hole and mount your tail button. On plastic, use a thicker piece of plastic and use the thicker formula super glue.

Top Bottom