NU-ishD (Hadean Uke Bass)

Inkdork

Reaction score
No thanks to a few forum members here, I started looking into a Hadean uke bass. And suddenly I was ordering one from Rondo Music. I got a ship notice the next day, and I spent a week eagerly awaiting UPS to show up with my new beauty.

At 4am, I got notice it was on the truck. They gave me a delivery window between 1145am and 345pm. I waited. I watched. At 354pm, UPS made a u-turn in front of our house and I was standing on the curb with an idiot grin on my face.

The driver handed me a roughly coffin shaped box (the one lots of ukes come in) that was taped shut in about ten places. I cut the tape, opened it, and found an addition box of the same shape and slightly smaller size inside. I lifted it out, and then there was a foam bag enclosing the bass. Definitely well-packed for shipping.

The picture on Rondo's website showed a uke of a bright yellow color, which I was hoping was an image calibration issue. It was. The wood is a lovely pale, icy blonde. The finish is smooth and satiny. Its absolutely beautiful. And at a fraction of the price of the Kala U-bass.

I plugged it in, all the electronics work, sound is even across all the strings, and its just lovely. And thumpy!

I guess you want pictures now...

bassuke1.jpgbassuke2.jpg

I put it in the stand I built last week next to my Kala baritone and the body of the bass isn't quite as deep, the neck is a bit longer, but otherwise they are very similar in size and shape.

Now... hopefully my UAS will slow down for a bit. I'm considering giving (my super cheapie Mahalo) soprano to a friend who wants to learn to play for the cost of shipping... which will open a space in my stand, which hopefully I won't need to rush out to fill.

Guilty as charged. I eyed that one a number of times, yes, the real color is so much better than their site photos, but I went with their solid bodies instead. You might consider changing the strings to Road Toad Pahoehoe, I found the Aquila Thunderguts to be too sticky and they sausaged at the frets in a relatively short time. The Pahoehoe are very smooth and sound better to me, but they take a long time to settle and an effort to install them.

Lol! Yes, it *is* mostly your fault!

I don't have the money right now to change the strings, but its definitely on my to-do list... I'm already on a tight budget and this tapped me out for a bit.

I'm also really tempted to grab that pretty blue solid body they have.... But dang it! No more instruments for a while!

Congrats on a very unique bass!

Top Bottom