Pono PKTE - Does it really even exist

greatone88

Reaction score
Howdy all,

I am looking at Craigslist and someone is selling a Pono PKTE Ukulele and when I googled it, I find absolutely nothing. I find PKT 1E and PKT 2E and pictures of those don't look like the one for sale. One of the pictures in the Craigslist ad is of the sticker inside the Uke and it does say Pono PKTE. I am trying to figure out what it is worth and if it there are any reviews on it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

Howdy all,

I am looking at Craigslist and someone is selling a Pono PKTE Ukulele and when I googled it, I find absolutely nothing. I find PKT 1E and PKT 2E and pictures of those don't look like the one for sale. One of the pictures in the Craigslist ad is of the sticker inside the Uke and it does say Pono PKTE. I am trying to figure out what it is worth and if it there are any reviews on it. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim

As far as what it is worth...what are you willing to pay for it?
That would be the value.

Otherwise, meet up to look at it.

I think PKTE was a laminated koa model.
There's a clip of Mike playing one on Youtube
I'm sure it would be a quality machine - whatever the build.
I have a PKT-2E that has that Pono "pono" to it..

Last edited:
Pono does not make Koa ukuleles anymore.
I know that the PKT-1 was the first series and the PKT-2 was the second, I believe made in a different factory,
but not sure. Andrew will know for sure.
The E means a factory installed pickup, I believe they used MiSi pickups.
Anyway the lack of a number 1 or 2 is puzzling to me, maybe it was a prototype or something, or maybe it is not genuine. That is why I suggested you email Andrew.

I am very happy with my PKT-1 and the fact that they no longer make them makes it quite valuable to me, whether that translates to actual dollars is for you to decide.

Top Bottom