My new mainland!!!!

bornagainjeeper

Reaction score
I just got my gloss mainland concert mahogany in the mail today...MOST AMAZING UKE I OWN (very little competition) but it sounds 100 times better than i thought it would, and i had high hopes! BEAUTIFUL and LOUD as can be...big ol' fatty aquilas make it sound amazing

THANKS SO MUCH MAINLAND!
Alex!

PS video shortly!

nice nice!!!
my mainland came last wednesday.
gloss mahogany soprano. gold sealed ebony tuners.

Congrats on your new baby! Please show close ups in review form on vid. I have a Mainland on order hopefully arriving in mid May, can't wait. :D

Congrats on your new baby! Please show close ups in review form on vid. I have a Mainland on order hopefully arriving in mid May, can't wait. :D

I have little experience playing a variety of ukes...but this is the fullest sounding lovely little fella i've ever played...again thats mostly compared to my ovation sop (which is rubbish) and a 40 dollar hilo soprano...and a 60 dollar baritone, as well as the whole lanikai line....but this guy sounds like a dream

Couldn't agree more... I went to a store in SLC today that had at least 30 different ukes... including a Kamaka... and I didn't play any that sound better than my Mainland. Big fat booming loud tone!!!

And how many times must we say it... even if you are making a video...

PIX OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN

i actually wanted the matte finish....but it was sold out...no worries though its beautiful....I went with nickle and ebony geared...

I'm going for gold and ebony geared, myself. It seems to have a more classic look, in my opinion.

Waiting for money sucks, though.

Between me and Alex... we should spread the Mainland propaganda all over the yootoobzzz

Congrats bro! I know it's in good hands!

I want a mailand soprano with friction tuners myself. They look real nice. I don't know if I want a mahogany (love the sound) or cedar (love the looks)... I bet they're both great. Just have to wait for some cash flow and a better exchange rate...

I got a Mainland tenor (red cedar) a couple of months ago and it has quickly become on of me favourites for its bright, loud sound and great sustain. Plus it looks sweet.

It's nice enough that I've been giving serious thought to getting a second - a satin-finish mahogany though.

Congrats! I can't wait too see some new videos!

Top Bottom