NUD: Martin S-1 Soprano Ukulele

You are pushing me closer to making a decision to pull the trigger on an S-1 or the Centennial S-1...........:drool:

I hope the good Doctor enjoys it!

Petey

Absolutely. I thought it would be good. It's better...

I just love playing my Martin ukes. A German journalist contacted me last week for an interview about one of my songs about Berlin and she wanted to have an instrumental version of my song "Little Green Men in Berlin." I hadn't played it for 5 years or used my Martin S-0 uke for 5 years. I took the S-0 out of the closet and tuned it and it sounded frigging amazing!!! I thought it might go out of tune but no. It was rock solid and I recorded with it. The day I got that first Martin uke is the day music bloomed for me.

Petey

That's pretty cool, Pete. I used to have an OXK. That was a really good uke. Just like your S-0 it would stay in tune for months, and even if I put it away for a long time it would be kinda fresh when I took it out of the bag. It sounded great too. The S-1 feels even better...the first impression is incredible.

The Martin SO is a great ukulele , I like them so much I have two. They seem to sell for around $200 on Ebay. I have no need for the extra frets , to me they sound like the tines of a comb.
I keep one on the coffe table all year round , no problem ( and it gets cold where I live) .

Last edited:
Nailed it! Always enjoy your videos.

Congrats! Every time I hear of a new Martin player, I can feel their joy.

Superb demo Doc. Way too expensive an instrument for you though. Did y'all rob the Bank of Norway or sumpin? :p Love you brother

Great demo - unbelievable what you can do!

Top Bottom