Do I need a humidifier?

uke4all

Reaction score
I live in Wahiawa,HI where the humidity is mostly on the higher side.(except for days like today.its 43%.) Do I still need to keep a humidifier in the cases? I have a Kala sprucetop,Kala koa cedartop, and awaiting a Koaloha soprano. I was thinking of making one out of pez dispenser if I need one.Thanks in advance!

Wouldn't hurt to have one. The humidity on Oahu is usually fine for a uke, but if you travel you'll want a humidifier at all times.

You should have a humidifier in your case when you travel to dry places, but I wouldn't put one in your case if you are in Wahiawa. Sometimes in Hawai'i you want a de-humidifier. You don't want your 'ukulele to swell up with that extra water. Maybe you live in a weird dry spot, but Hawai'i is usually plenty wet for 'ukuleles.

not sure what the humidity is in my house, I may have to pick up a hygrometer,huh?

The only time you really need to worry about humidity in Hawaii is if where you live get central AC which removes humidity from the air but AC really not common in Hawaii homes accept maybe in condos and apartments. Wahiawa is higher elevation with more moist air than sea level west side so even less worries (unless you get AC running all day).

no ac here.....so I should be ok then. thanks for the replies!

Top Bottom