Interest check - Seaguar fishing line baritone trebles

jollyboy

Reaction score
(Apologies if this is in the wrong forum.)

I have been planning to buy a couple of spools of Seaguar fishing line for use as treble strings on my baritone uke. This would have the advantage of reducing the cost per string to me but would obviously involve a larger initial layout. It would also leave me with enough yards of line to last me several years. A little bit of overkill perhaps. What I thought might be cool was if I offered to sell lengths of line to other bari players. Here's what I'm thinking:

• The line would be Seaguar Blue Label leader.
  • The gauges would be 0.00244" ( 4th E) and 0.00319" (3rd B) respectively.
  • Pairs of line would be supplied in 30" lengths.
  • Happy to send within UK or mainland Europe.
  • I'm thinking £10.00 for three pairs (UK) or €15.00 for three pairs (Europe). Via Paypal. Inc. p&p.
  • Just to be clear - trebles only!

This is something that I would be happy to go ahead with if there was enough interest. If anyone is definitely interested then please send me a PM :) (Please note: I haven't ordered the fishing line yet.)

As for basses - I use D'Addario silver wound on nylon (available as singles) and there are always those Thomastik-Infeld flatwounds that everyone raves about :) This might be a good way to keep down the cost of putting together a custom bari set.

Top Bottom