Badly wanted: Ovation applause UAE148!

Alphawölfin

Reaction score
Hey folks,
I just signed up, because I'm desperately searching for an Ovation UAE148
It is close to impossible for me to get one in germany, so I try international.

:iwant:

If anybody is willing to sell one, I would cry tears of pure joy.

-It has to be this tenor model
-I don't care for some scratches but it has to be playable and intact
-sure I will pay an acceptable price
-payment via PayPal (if possible) it's the safest and fastest for International payment.
-I guarantee a loving home with lots of Uke siblings, good care and joyful jamming sessions :)

So... guys. I hope, someone can help me.

Mahalo, greetings from germany, stay in tune :music:

I don't see any on their online store, but Thomann is a big Ovation/Applause guitar dealer. Would imagine they wouldn't have much trouble getting you one.

https://www.thomann.de/de/index.html

Hi
Thanks for your advice, but Thomann was not able to help me...
I called nearly every big music shop in the country. Sadly, no one has anything left in stock. One good guy even took a look in his attic.
Other problem is, you could only purchase the soprano in germany, one other salesman told me today.

This is my last only chance to get one...

Maybe I'm lucky. I keep trying :)

Every so often I've seen one for sale on eBay USA. I almost snagged one a few months ago but lost out to someone else in the bid and kicked myself for not buying it outright for $400. That's the price I've seen most of the time. (I actually ended up buying a used Godin Multiuke with the same color scheme for $400 here in the UU Marketplace.)

There is a black tenor Applause on Reverb.com right now, it appears to be an individual owner, not a store.

The buy it now price is $475, but there is a "make an offer" button. Not sure what info the seller has on sales outside the U.S.

When you go onto reverb.com, put "applause tenor ukulele" in the search line.

Good luck!

Out of curiosity (I'm not in the market for another tenor), what makes this particular model so desirable or unique?

I was interested because the Applause ukulele I saw looked just like the first new guitar I bought myself in 1975 from Wallichs Music City on Sunset and Vine in Hollywood, an Ovation Applause sunburst, so nostalgia was my motivation.

Out of curiosity (I'm not in the market for another tenor), what makes this particular model so desirable or unique?

For me, it is just this unique and beautiful ovation look, it sounds great, has an awesome feeling while playing. Just fell in love with it...

There is a black tenor Applause on Reverb.com right now, it appears to be an individual owner, not a store.

The buy it now price is $475, but there is a "make an offer" button. Not sure what info the seller has on sales outside the U.S.

When you go onto reverb.com, put "applause tenor ukulele" in the search line.

Good luck!

Sadly, I missed it... and it went way too expensive...

Thanks very much anyway, I appreciate that :)

I've wanted this uke too on and off across the years, but the single factor that put me off it is that they say the batteries are a pain to replace..

Top Bottom