Kris Fuchigami Strings?

SmallWonder

Reaction score
Does anyone know what strings Kris Fuchigami puts on his Uke? I am planning on getting a Kamaka HF 3 soon and would like to restring it with his strings. I just love the tone and punchiness of the strings.

I imagine that the "tone and punchiness" you are referring to comes much more from his playing/touch and his pickup (which you usually hear in his videos instead of the acoustic sound) than from what strings he uses. That guy could pick up any HF-3 the world round with any kind of strings (or pickup) and make it sound like Kris Fuchigami.

But give him a shout. I think his email is on his site. He's a nice guy. Sure he'd be happy to share.

I've tried a bunch of strings over the years and my HF-3 never sounded anything like that when I played it... :)

Kris is absolutely brilliant. His phrasing and touch are incredible. We are very excited that he is giving a concert in Southern CA in January.

ask him!
I contacted him a few days ago through his website and various social media ; haven't heard back .
I once emailed Bryan Tolentino about his string choice and he replied right away !
Since Chris is Team Kamaka they may be able to answer .
Chris Kamaka the production manager told me at their showroom that Herb Ota Jr. plays Worth Clear .

I contacted him a few days ago through his website and various social media ; haven't heard back .
I once emailed Bryan Tolentino about his string choice and he replied right away !
Chris Kamaka the production manager told me at their showroom that Herb Ota Jr. plays Worth Clear .
Herb Jr uses custom signature model Worth strings

Well don’t leave us hanging, what’s Tolentino use? Think I read somewhere that they are some kind of Savarez classical guitar strings?

I want to know what Kalei and Corey use. I know Corey likes the Ko’olau Aho’s - but I’m not sure if that’s what is on his gigging uke (a Ko’olau CE). I know they both support Joel’s Uke Logic, but again not sure if that’s actually what they string their ukes with at home

Mr. Fuchigami never replied to several inquires through various social media and email .
I recently emailed Jeff Peterson about his string choice in one YouTube video (Delta Blues on a Kamaka Tenor) and he replied immediately ; D'Addario Fluorocarbon .
But I see Kris is putting a plug in for Analysis Plus cables .

The sound in that video isn't in the strings as much as it is in the piezo pickup, preamp and effects chain, imho. Any clear fluoros will give the same result, I should think.

Top Bottom