What's the deal with the hangie things?

Spooner

Reaction score
I have noticed a few people 'round these parts and in public have various little hangie things from their ukes.

So the question is...what's up with that?

Voodoo dolls?
Uke mojo?
Shrunken heads of deceased loved ones?

What gives? Spill.

I have noticed a few people 'round these parts and in public have various little hangie things from their ukes.

It's the uke equivalent of fuzzy dice.

Hmm...

I missed out on the bling contest (couldn't have competed with the winning Spidey anyways...), but here's a pic to liven things up:

picture.php

I noticed the same thing when I was on Maui last week and met a couple from San Diego with them on their Ukulele's so I picked up a couple myself. I know you can see one of them in the picture. I picked up a Uke doing the Hula and a Pineapple surfing...

Attachments

• Ukuleles.jpg
    Ukuleles.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 26
aka dingleberries. :cool:

It's like the stuff people hang from their rear view mirrors in their cars. Religious knick knacks. Cultural flotsam. Metaphorical codpieces. Unessential, decorative but distracting junk.

With cars, there's an old rule that the ability of the driver is in inverse relationship to the amount of crap hanging from the mirror. I wonder if there's a similar rule about ukuleles?

i've got the turkish evil eye on mine :shaka: i'm all for a bling round two. i'm gonna attach one of my pets

I hang a bracelet my girlfriend made me from the headstock of my Kala. It's got a turtle on it :)

Wow. When I first read that, I thought you were saying that your girlfriend made you a bracelet from the headstock of your Kala. :eek:

JJ

Top Bottom