Wiemer Ukes

UkeInTW

Reaction score
Listened again to the Vimeo of that Milo/Adi Spruce Wiemer tenor and regretting I did not pull the trigger. Absolutely loved the deep sound on that uke.

https://vimeo.com/202439193

Thinking I may need to just go ahead and ask Jeb Wiemer to build a similar one for me.

Wondering if any UU members have commissioned Jeb to have a custom uke built. And interested to hear your experiences and information on the uke he made for you. Thanks.

Listened again to the Vimeo of that Milo/Adi Spruce Wiemer tenor and regretting I did not pull the trigger. Absolutely loved the deep sound on that uke.

https://vimeo.com/202439193

Thinking I may need to just go ahead and ask Jeb Wiemer to build a similar one for me.

Wondering if any UU members have commissioned Jeb to have a custom uke built. And interested to hear your experiences and information on the uke he made for you. Thanks.

Aaron Crowell @ Hawaii Music Supply ... aka HMS ... aka theukulelesite.com has a custom Wiemer Koa tenor w/slotted headstock and side sound port. Here is a tutorial that he did with his Wiemer Koa tenor in re-entrant tuning:

Last edited:
... and here Aaron demos another Wiemer Koa tenor (not Aaron's). Give Aaron a call over at HMS. I'm sure he won't mind that you ask of his personal opinion and perspective on Wiemer ukes since he has had the privilege of playing a few.

Last edited:
Aloha UkeInTw! Like slackkey007 mentioned, I have played quite a few of Jeb Wiemers instruments, and can say without reservation that he is a truly gifted luthier. My Koa Wiemer is an incredible ukulele and I absolutely love it. The ukulele that you saw for sale on theukulelesite (spruce/milo) was no different. Great sound, flawless detail... Can't say enough good things about it. If you want a custom build, contact Jeb directly (808)295-0104. Theukulelesite gets them in pretty often too and Andrew and the Crew are the best in the business! I don't work there in the store anymore because I'm concentrating on teaching (Hawaii Music School- shameless plug lol) But I can attest that no one wants to put the right uke in your hands more than Andrew! Hope that helps! -Aaron

Hi Slackkey, Aaron,

Mahalo. Thanks a lot for the feedback. I certainly will look into a Wiemer uke. And Andrew has put many good ukes in my hands, as I have purchased about 10 (or more? lost count) from TheUkuleleSite already. It is THE goto site to buy ukes for me. I may not be a good player, but I am a pretty good collector, haha.

Good luck with your music school, Aaron! I will check out your school website.

Top Bottom