FS: Cordoba 24S soprano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jer

Reaction score
*Please read entire post for all details. Thanks! :)

Cordoba 24S soprano. Solid cedar top. Laminate spalted maple back and sides. Padauk binding on edges and sound-hole rosette (it's naturally that red color, very striking). Rosewood fingerboard and bridge. Bone nut and saddle.
Includes a very nice, quality Cordoba gig-bag with lots of padding. The bag is comparable to other bags I've had costing $50 or more.

This was purchased from Elderly Instruments and went through their professional inspection and setup process.
It was $199 brand new and the case/bag was $29.99. So I have $230 in it pretty much.
I haven't had it very long at all, so it has minimal playing time on it
I did replace the Aquila strings that came on it with Worth CL (clear light). I like these strings better than what came on it.

These ukes are crafted in China. They are well put together, have good sound, playability, etc. Their are some minor little flaws here and there if you want to put it under a microscope, but I've found that to be true even with costlier USA made ukes I've had. In the pics I will post here, if you look closely at the one with the yellow arrow you can see some discoloration in the area on the top and what appears to be maybe some tiny dents or something. It's nothing deep or that was any concert to the guys at Elderly. No cracks or problems or anything like that to report. I'm just trying to make sure people reading this are realistic and not expecting perfection.
It is a beautiful instrument for sure. Probably one of the nicest looking instruments I've ever owned.

People usually ask why it's being sold so.....
I went a little crazy and made more purchases than I normally would and decided to let this one go. It's actually my most expensive instrument currently. I've been on a small buying and selling kick lately that I'm trying to get out of...but most of you know how that goes.

Payment: I'm going to price this to try to go ahead and move it out. I'm asking $160 and that includes USPS Priority Mail shipping. That's about $70 less than I paid...and you're getting an uke that is basically in the same condition I received it in.
I haven't had Paypal in years and don't intend to get it again, so the only payment I can accept is a United States Postal Service money order. If you've never done those before, you simply go to your local post office with cash and purchase the money order then mail it out to the recipient. It's safe and secure, and the only type of money order I will accept.

Please only serious inquiries PM me and let me know you want it and we can exchange addresses and make it happen. I'm interested in selling only. No trades.

Thanks for looking!

More pics...

More pics...

I can't get the edit feature to work...but in case it wasn't clear above, I am only selling to USA buyers. Thanks.

I have the baritone version of this and was very impressed with the tone and the book matching and overall finish detail. Good luck with your sale.
Thanks!

I'm not going to rule out having another one of these, or one of the larger in the series someday for myself (sometimes I come back to the same model I had before after selling and trying other instruments). A dear friend even commented maybe I should try the larger ones someday too. It's a lot of instrument for the price, for sure.

Great uke great price.

I agree on both accounts. All ukes even the best fit and finish brand new high end will have some blemishes or some thing about it that one can nitpick over. You can't find a perfectly built (to the builder's intended spec) anywhere and if one is going to grab a magnifying glass to look at everything you shouldn't be buying ukes then.
Also even brand new ukes never played and just sold (I knoe) are naturally like cars...they depreciate as soon as you drive off the dealership!

Great uke great price.

I agree on both accounts. All ukes even the best fit and finish brand new high end will have some blemishes or some thing about it that one can nitpick over. You can't find a perfectly built (to the builder's intended spec) anywhere and if one is going to grab a magnifying glass to look at everything you shouldn't be buying ukes then.
Also even brand new ukes never played and just sold (I knoe) are naturally like cars...they depreciate as soon as you drive off the dealership!
Exactly!

*******Deal done this morning, so this uke is now unavailable*******
I had to leave shortly after, so just now getting back here to update this.

I'm going to try to close the thread, but the edit features and such haven't been working right for me. We'll see how that goes...Here's to hoping it works. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom