Music store in Osaka, Japan

Oolongtea

Reaction score
So... This could be a long shot even for UU.
A few months ago, I found this big modern music store with a massive (imho) amount of ukes for sale, dozens of different brands, from cheap to very expensive, vintage ukes, electric ukes, etc.. in one of the covered pedestrian walkways of the Nanba / Dotonbori area in Osaka.
I'm sad to say that I was so hyped about the place at that time that I completely forgot to write down the name of the store, and now that I'm back home I'm unable to find it on the internet, even with streetview.

Does anybody familiar with the area know which store I'm talking about?

I haven't been there in person, but Dolphin has a store in Osaka and deals in high end ukes. ? I was in Kyoto last week but did not have time to go check it out.

No the one I found was nearer to dotonbori. But it seems like a nice address to remember, thanks!

Long shot, since I don't know the geography, but could it have been Ukulele Shop Ohana? I've never been, but Ōsaka seems to be a hotbed of ukulele activity! The Sweet Hollywaiians, and the Sweet Strings Ukulele Orchestra, are based there.
and that make a second shop I didn't know. Thank you too! Well that makes at least three shops with a lot of ukes, a few bands, and a few people I saw there with uke cases, so I'd say there's definitely something going on in Osaka. :D

Actually there are quite a few of these shopping streets in Osaka, and since I was really just walking around, I have no idea exactly where in Nanba I was at the time.

And miki-gakki still isn't the shop I am looking for, but it doesn't matter so much anymore I got quite a few new locations in this thread already! :)

Still not the one! :D

This is getting ridiculous. I spent time checking out a lot of music shops in big cities in France like Bordeaux, Lyon, etc and I couldn't find much in terms of ukes... How come Japan has so much choice, and we're only checking one city at that!?

Top Bottom