The best ukulele company?

Choboy

Reaction score
I feel like Koaloha is one of the best makers of ukes.
if you guys played as great as jake. or john king. or iz....
and you had a ton of $$$$$$
what uke would you buy?

but not a vintage uke...cause we all know those sound great.
but something new?

what uke would you buy?

but something new?

Jake: Kamaka, why? That is what he plays

John (RIP): Stradelele, why? That is what he played. They are the best for finger picking.

Iz: Kamaka, why? He played a Kamaka.

There is no BEST uke. Try them out and find out what YOU like best. ;)

what uke would you buy?

but something new?

custom

There's no best. :B

If money were no object, my top three would be (in no particular order):

-KoAloha Pineapple Sunday
-(Custom) Moore Bettah super-concert. All solid koa, with a macadamia rosette and an inlay of a moon jellyfish on the headstock. I can dream, can't I?
-Kamaka pineapple.

There's no best. :B

If money were no object, my top three would be (in no particular order):

-KoAloha Pineapple Sunday
-(Custom) Moore Bettah super-concert. All solid koa, with a macadamia rosette and an inlay of a moon jellyfish on the headstock. I can dream, can't I?
-Kamaka pineapple.

Someone with great taste I see! :shaka:

The finest instruments don't come from companies. They are created by craftsmen working either alone or in small two or three man shops.

The best company is one that makes ukes that people aren't afraid to play. The best ukulele is one that gets played. There is no better way to respect an instrument's spirit than to put it to use.

Now that my mini-sermon is out off the way, if I had the money, I'd get a totally blinged-out MP custom uke.:shaka:

Yea its all abut personal preference. Its like asking.. out of all the auto makers and all the models.. which model car is the best.. :D

If I had a ton of $$$$ i would be two of every production ukulele. 1-low G and 1-high... then all 3 size custom from all the builders. :shaka:

Last edited:
what uke would you buy?

Well, in the spirit of your question (since these things are all subjective and personal), I would be knocking on Chuck Moore's door to work up the perfect custom for me.

but something new?

Lots of times vintage just means old - and that doesn't mean they sound great! Just means they haven't been sent to the great dumpster in the sky...yet.

i wouldnt mind but a kamaka would just tickle my fancy

I have to fall into the camp of the custom-builder category. Between Mike DaSilva, Peter Hurney, Pete Howlett, Dave Means, Dave Talsma, how many other great builders out there... the possibilities are endless.

...And it is true, vintage often does simply mean old, but there are those rare Martin, Vita, Favilla and other ukes that are still around - built in the glory days (20s and 30s).

Why the Box-a-lele of course. ;) http://www.boxaleleco.com/
lunchboxes.jpg
spongebobbari.jpg

Man - oh - man. Thanks alot. Here I am a neophyte to the Ukulele. Having no trouble with UAS at all. Well other then wanting a second one to string Low "G" because I love "Classical Gas" by Mason Williams.

Then you go and post about Box-a-lele. AARG. Here I am closing in on the big 58 and I want a bunch of these. When am I ever going to grow up. AARG!!!!:wallbash:

I'm going to be fighting this urge for a good long time.

Have a Great Day,
Jim

Last edited:
If I had the money I would by a "Whamo" uke, they're tops !

Top Bottom