Martin Style 3

Ukecaster

Reaction score
Saw this one on GC website, a 40's Style 3, at their Hollywood, CA store. Price recently dropped to $1499.00, which is the lowest I've seen in my limited uke experience. Anyone out there in CA who has played this particular uke at GC? If so, what's your opinion of it, at that price. I'm not usually a big GC fan, but have bought a couple of used items from them. With their nationwide footprint, some interesting used stuff comes through the front door, and if it ends up being a dog, you can always return it for full refund within 30 days, and you only lose the shipping cost.

http://http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Martin/Vintage-1940s-1940s-Martin-Style-3-Ukulele.gc

Last edited:
It not only is a very good deal, it also looks like you can buy it and have it shipped to the store nearest you for pickup. That way you could just return it on the spot if it doesn't flip your switch.

I'd say, go for it before someone else does.

Scooter

Just keep in mind GC charges shipping to your local store, you'll then pay local tax for store pickup (something you would have paid anyway if there is a GC in your home state), but as noted above the advantage of being able to evaluate it's condition with the possibility of a refund is nice benefit as sometimes their descriptions are vague or non-existent about any condition issues.

Just keep in mind GC charges shipping to your local store, you'll then pay local tax for store pickup (something you would have paid anyway if there is a GC in your home state), but as noted above the advantage of being able to evaluate it's condition with the possibility of a refund is nice benefit as sometimes their descriptions are vague or non-existent about any condition issues.

Out of curiosity, I checked to see what the shipping cost would be, and it was only $10 to ship it clear over to the other side of the country. The photo makes it tough to evaluate condition, but I was a little tempted-- the price is a bargain, and ten bucks isn't much to check it out.

Looks like it has substantial wear, you can see that the finish is worn through on both sides of the upper bouts. To me, that usually indicates that previous owners loved playing it, betcha it has great tone.

Top Bottom