Barron River Soprano Ancient Spruce/Wandoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

rubykey

Reaction score
It's time to pass on this beautiful Barron River soprano to someone who will cherish a custom-made instrument that is exquisitely built in every way. Here are links to Allen McFarlands website, and a link to a luthiers forum describing the build. Finally I hijacked a sound sample from a previous owner.

This is a one-of-a-kind work of art. The combination of ancient spruce top, wandoo body and all the special effects make it a delight to look at every time I open the case. The instrument is light and balanced. The tone is resonant and divine. Ease of playing is just that -- ease. You will not be disappointed.

I purchased this from a UU member here on the marketplace, who purchased it originally from another member, who commissioned it from yet another UU member. I guess this proves we are not underground. We are visible, and we share opinions, enthusiasm, and the quest for "the one," (and another, and another, and maybe just one more :).

The condition is 9.5 out of 10 or better. There are some faint strum marks on the soundboard. Too faint to capture on camera. Equally there are some random faint lines on the back, perhaps from clothing. It still looks stunning.

If you've been dreaming about a unique ukulele “to die for”, this is your chance to snag one at less than half the price of a new build. Comes in a very sturdy “Rockcase” branded hard shell.
$900 + shipping

The art and build in these Barron River ukes look astonishing.
What is "ancient spruce"? Is it grey naturally?

Just exquisite, rubykey! Oh if only I were in the market for a soprano! I love the art deco style of these Barron River builds. Those gorgeous woods make it even more scrumptious!

I read on the builder's site that Wandoo is a type of eucalyptus. Does this uke smell like eucalyptus?

This is a fab instrument at a crazy-good price. Oh, how I wish I had the cash right now!

Thanks everyone for your interest and kind words. Yes this is an astonishing instrument in both tone and looks. I believe Ancient Spruce normally looks grey, but this one definitely has a distinct green hue. There is no lingering scent of eucalyptus oil. Maybe it never had it. Wandoo is said to be in the eucalyptus family according to the wise wiki wiki info on the net. It is definitely worth a stretch of the budget to have this custom-built beauty by Barron River.

Are the tuners Pegheads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom