Tab Section

there is going to be a section on Ukulele lessons and showcases, so there might be one there? depends on the UU staff. but usually the Song help section is just as good. i think =)

For now, Fred is right... Song Help is the place to go. You'll have a chance to ask the most famous ukulele TAB writer for his take or opinions on tabbed pieces. Please be patient for the launch for further info :D

Attachments

• IMG_3493..JPG
    IMG_3493..JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 8
I was about to start a new thread. Good thing i found this first.
Throwing in my thoughts, a section where users submit their own tabs would be perfect here. At Tropical Storm Hawaii, there are many tabs, but a lot of them are horribly wrong. And when a corrected one is submitted, the old ones stay. So now theres like four versions of a song and only one is correct. Here at least they can be edited. Also, I may be wrong, but I'm sure members out there has their own songs they would like to share.

I was about to start a new thread. Good thing i found this first.
Throwing in my thoughts, a section where users submit their own tabs would be perfect here. At Tropical Storm Hawaii, there are many tabs, but a lot of them are horribly wrong. And when a corrected one is submitted, the old ones stay. So now theres like four versions of a song and only one is correct. Here at least they can be edited. Also, I may be wrong, but I'm sure members out there has their own songs they would like to share.

thats a good suggestion. one thing we gotta keep tabs on them (no pun intented :p). as you said for tropical storm hawaii, there are so many different versions. We might end up with duplicates or lots of people posting "DA REAL WAY" when it's not that much different. since its a lot of user submitted material, moderators would have to (in my opinion) thoroughly go through these tabs to make sure they are quality.

We might end up with duplicates or lots of people posting "DA REAL WAY" when it's not that much different.

haha thats so true! I posted a tab on tropical storm several years ago.. can you guys take a look at this?

http://www.tropicalstormhawaii.com/cgi-bin/view.cgi?pid=song&song=tb/island_woman_simplified.txt

I think one thing that would help would be a song/chord/lyric section as well as user submitted tabs. The song help in the forums is great don't get me wrong, but It would be helpful if there was a designated part of the site where the songs are all listed out in one place. Then when we need specific help we can ask in the forums.

Good ideas guys. I need to get on it and add this board and the singing board.

Good ideas guys. I need to get on it and add this board and the singing board.

So it will be in the forum style? I was thinking that a song section similar to the way tropical storm collects them would be a great addition to the main site, but instead, have us be able to update, edit, rate, comment, and discuss on the user created songs or tabs. Is this feasible?

Any chance that a tab form template can be installed. My first attempt in posting some tabs (in the song section) was cumbersome and turned out a bit "crooked".

Last edited:
Any chance that a tab form template can be installed. My first attempt in posting some tabs (in the song section) was cumbersome and turned out a bit "crooked".

If you use the code option it should be ok.

Code:
Its the # sign button.

i cant understand how to use that. man its too complicated.

Its easy. Click on the code thing and it will give you this [ CODE ] [ / CODE ] with no spaces. then you put your tab in between em. The font is evenly spaced when you use that.

The best way to do it would be to type out your code in notepad or in word with a evenly spaced font. Then when you are satisfied with the way it looks copy and paste it in between the Code things.

there should be a tab section lyk it would really help people out

haha, ya i was wondering why you didn't use the code tags like i said before in another thread. its like what davoomac said, just put your tab in the middle of the two tags after writing it in notepad. or after you pasted it, highlight your whole tab section and click the # sign next to the quote and <> on the formatting toolbar when you post a reply (the one with the bold, italic, underline, etc.). The highlighted text, which is your tab, should be in the middle of the [ CODE ] and [ / CODE] tags.

Top Bottom