Humitron Question

Spooner

Reaction score
OK..I searched humitron and came up with two threads that do not address this.

I have some customs with labels inside that have the maker's signature. Needless to say I do not want anything to happen to the labels such as peeling off or making ink run.

Realizing that I should not put a humitron into my uke soaking wet and removing excess water before sticking the somebeach in, I still have concerns.

These things are snake like and I'm ascared lol.

There's just a thin layer between water and the label inside a uke.

Then there's the paranoia of...what happens if I move my case and the humitron flips over onto the side with the holes and it's directly touching the label..or even if I am playing while it's inside the uke!?

So...do we have any experienced humitron snake charmers on board who can offer opinions?

This has been burning my brain lately.

I don't know why I pictured a GIANT robot when I saw the word "HUMITRON"
bad-robot2.jpg

I don't know why I pictured a GIANT robot when I saw the word "HUMITRON"

lol!

I have a humitron and didn't experience any leaking problems. But that's not to say they don't happen - I think I read somewhere that some people had leaks, or it could've been that other brand that makes basically the same product. If you are careful to store the on it's upright, or put it upright before lying it flat, the humitron will stay at the larger end of the uke. But my honest opinion is - if you are worried, then don't put it in there. It's not worth the stress. :)

Are you talking about these things? The lower photo is a similar product called Dampit. AFAIK, it has an absorbant material inside the tube which slowly releases moisture. Immerse in water and squeeze out excess water so it doesn't drip. Place inside the instrument and repeat process before when nearly dry. These were designed for stringed instruments.

633747714594406806.jpg

51R6BZz3IhL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Last edited:
lol!

I have a humitron and didn't experience any leaking problems. But that's not to say they don't happen - I think I read somewhere that some people had leaks, or it could've been that other brand that makes basically the same product. If you are careful to store the on it's upright, or put it upright before lying it flat, the humitron will stay at the larger end of the uke. But my honest opinion is - if you are worried, then don't put it in there. It's not worth the stress. :)

Yeah...that's why I haven't even opened the thing.
MGM sent me one and states on his ebay pages that you can play with them inside the uke. That's where my concern comes in.

This by the way is the MekkaHumitron...it's more than meets the eye. :p

7640_1.JPG

Top Bottom