where is Blondie?

Garry Petrisic

Reaction score
One of my tenor ukes sold here in Australia to a visiting tourist from Hawaii. Unfortunately the gallery I had it in did not get the name of the guy from Hawaii that bought it. All my ukes are like children to me and now one is lost. The Uke was called Blondie and was made from quilted maple with a birds eye maple neck, raised fingerboard and bear claw spruce top. If anyone knows who has this unique instrument can the20141024_142555.jpgy please let me know. I would dearly like to know where she is.

Why you want to buy it back? If not, I don't get why you want to find out where it went after sale. They're just material goods.

All my ukes are one off pieces and I know where they all are except for this one. I do not want to buy it back but usually keep track of where they are and who is playing them. When you build unique instruments it is usually someone unique that wants them. I do not make them for general sale but this one was on display in a gallery for show only. I put a price on it expecting no one to buy it and I was going to pick it up the following week to keep. I was both thrilled and disappointed when the gallery owner said she had sold it. I would really like to know if it is in good hands.
Garry

You might consider using Face Book ads ... ;)

What a caring parent!!! Try putting your request on FMM Marketplace, as well as the many user groups. There are so many. It's bound to show up.

I don't build and yet sometimes wonder how the Ukes I have moved on are faring, and if the new owner/s are enjoying it more than I did...

Best on your search.

It's very elegant looking! Interesting location for the soundport -- first one I see that is on the lower bout.

It's very elegant looking! Interesting location for the soundport -- first one I see that is on the lower bout.

Chuck Moore did this a while back on at least one of his. I'd certainly be curious to compare the difference.

Nice looking instrument, Garry. Good luck with your search!

-Steve

Last edited:
Thanks to all those that care. I travel to Hawaii at least once a year so may come in contact with the owner by chance. I hope we can locate it before my next trip.
Garry.

Top Bottom