Alpha testers needed, Ukulele website

derbyhat

Reaction score
Hi,
Last October, I asked for some feedback on a ukulele app.

I asked because I was planning to apply for a software bootcamp and I needed an idea for my final project. That time is now and the development begins next week. It's a little terrifying. :)

What is it?
MyUkulele.Info is a niche website that allows ukulele enthusiasts afflicted with "UAS" -
"Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome" - to share their collections with the world online, share through social media, and seek inspiration for their next purchase.

Over the next two weeks, I'm going to ask this forum for feedback on design choices, features.

If you've ever thought any of the following, let's talk:
  • Wouldn't it be cool to have a place online to share my ukulele collection and sound clips with the world? And maybe my forum signature could be a little spiffier.
  • Uploading images here is tough, because I'm planning to sell or just wanna show off.
  • I wish I could find out what a uke of X wood and Y string set combination sounds like.
  • If my uke was ever stolen, I wish I could point the police or insurance company to all of it's details easily.
  • This derbyhat fellow seems nice. I want to help him out.
  • I've always wanted to help mold the shape of a new software product.

Thanks in advance. Post here or PM me if you're interested and/or have questions.

Oh!

This is actually a nice idea! I probably don't have time/energy for proper and meaningful testing, but I think this has the potential to become a useful resource. It also sounds like it'll be a scary place ... ;) (I sometimes avoid looking at NUDs to sidestep temptation!)

Just to point out an opposite thought, I think most of if not all of that happens here on UU. Uploading photos has never been a problem for me, and there are smartphone apps to log and photo all your possessions.

Yes, most, if not all of what you are planning, is already on these forums, but we don't link to social media.
So knowing how the younger members love all that kind of thing, I'd suggest making that a prominent part of your new website.

You all are great!

To respond:
Mivo: Thank you for the encouragement.

kohanmike: Yes! A lot of stuff that I plan on doing could be done here. The difference, for me, is that my project will help my career more than just being a member here. I'm not trying to move anyone away from UU forums, just trying to learn to code and (maybe) help folks share their collections in a different way.

uke1950: Thank you for the feedback on the social media link. If you have more specific ideas, I'm all ears.

Top Bottom