dGBD

Piecomics

Reaction score
Hey, I was wondering if this is a possible tuning on a tenor ukulele? Anyone have any thoughts? I have been playing a lot of gourd banjo lately, and this tuning is used, or at least this set of intervals.

You could achieve D3 G3 B3 D4 using all wound strings (not sure how that would sound). Alternatively you could go an octave higher and use unwound strings.

Sure. Reentrant G strings (dGBE) are available from several places including Living Water and Southcoast. Just use that and detune the top string a step. Done. At least that's how I'm interpreting dGBD.

Ah, well that's actually easier. If you get any low G tenor set, the pitches are GCEA. If you "rotate" the thinnest string down to the 4th, you'd have aGCE. Just tune them down to your desired pitches and you're there.

If the tension isn't quite what you want, I'd recommend contacting Ken Middleton and get a custom Living Water set. He can select the proper gauges to get you what you want. Or just experiment with stock low G sets to find what works best for you.

Top Bottom