Twin Cities Ukulele Orchestra : the first evidence surfaces

Lanark

Reaction score
Wake up way too early this morning and find that I've been tagged in a picture on Facebook. (There were eight shots total. This is the best.)

3309_1129360388257_1054635771_379565_3418142_n.jpg

The TCUO in action & bringing down the house with "Tainted Love" or something...

(left to right : Eddie, Nicole's feet, Scott, Mercedes, Me (mouth wide open and selling it), Sukie's hair & Brooks. Not Pictured : the lovely wife. which is good as she doesn't like her picture on the intertubes.)

So when do they meet and where? Do you have a web site?

We meet every Tuesday night at Java Jason's (6:30 til 9:30 or so) at 7th and Washington Ave. N. in the Warehouse district -- it's across the street from Bunker's Bar. Our web site is Twincitiesukuleleorchestra.nexo.com.

p.s. I knew my hair looked good that night!

TCUO forums : Here it is all clicky goodness. The chord files there ought to give you an idea of kind of what direction we're heading which isn't to everyone's taste. We're pretty beginner friendly, but it helps to know a few chords. We're not really so much about looking for virtuosos as a cohesive group dynamic. It's mostly about having as much stupid fun as possible playing earworms. (We've already got a line on a second gig for Art-a-Whirl in the third week of May)

We meet up at Java Jason's every Tuesday at 6:30pm and go til around 9-ish. (It's also two for one taps.) Which is also tonight. If you're free and want to drop by feel free. We'll be there. (There's also usually a couple extra instruments around if you're at work and don't have yours handy)

StrumMN is the other local monthly meet up that's a nice change of pace. If you're looking for more ukulele oriented activities locally.

Yeah, but we played extra long last time because of the show coming up. We're usually finishing up our second glass around nine and thinking about a snack.

I may just do that... American Idol or meet some Ukulele people... Not a tough decision and it's close to home too....

Never thought I'd end up with uke club envy....

I attended last night and these are a great group of people. Very friendly and invited me to join even though I didn't bring my instrument. I shyed away but I hope to attend more and participate.

Thanks for the heads up and allowing me to attend!

Awesome. Can't wait for the vidz.

Bad news is that the videos were kind of a wash. Not great sound in the room and other factors kind of made them moot.

However. My friend Robert recorded it with a little digital recorder right in front of the stage and may have gotten the best sound of the evening, so keep your fingers crossed. Won't know anything until I get a copy, but it sounded Ok, post-show through tiny earphones...

And Rossjr. It was nice to meet you. Definitely come on back, have a beer and join the fun.

Top Bottom