Jet/Performax 10-20 tracking repair

Timbuck

Reaction score
This thickness sander conveyor was was running way out of track due to a worn out support bracket bearing..I couldnt get the right replacement part an (Oilite bush 5/16" x 7/16" x 3/8" L) in the UK so I got one slightly bigger on the o/d and machined it down to fit...Instant success!" the tracking was easy peasy after that.
Here is a picture of the repair with the worn one on top of the belt....I recon it was worn out due to an over-tight belt.:) replacement bearing in the US here http://www.ereplacementparts.com/jet-1020-plus-628900-drum-sander-parts-c-32652_32661_32862.html

Last edited:
What a satisfying fix. But dare I ask: Will it last?... Maybe the lesson here is to not over-tighten your feed belt? Something about friction...

What a satisfying fix. But dare I ask: Will it last?... Maybe the lesson here is to not over-tighten your feed belt? Something about friction...
Some machinary (like my new 6" belt sander ) has a spring loaded tracking system, so it's not easy to over-tighten the belt...May be a mod is require here ;)
According to that supply company these worn bushes/bearings cause tracking problems 56% of the time. :( For anyone owning one of these and you don't have the manual you can get it here in PDF format http://jetmachinery.com.au/sites/default/files/JET-1020_manual_0.pdf

Last edited:
This machine was seviced by APT here in the UK and I trusted them to do a good job and sort it out for me... this is how it ended up in Ken'sm hands. Glad you sussed this out Ken.

This machine was seviced by APT here in the UK and I trusted them to do a good job and sort it out for me... this is how it ended up in Ken'sm hands. Glad you sussed this out Ken.
It's not finished yet Pete, there is a slight vibration on the drum, :( due to a missing balancing. weight I think..I'll have a go at that later.

Last edited:
Top Bottom