NUD Sucker for Arm Bevel and Bling Bling

komedy

Reaction score
NUD Sucker for Arm Bevel and Bling Bling

Last edited:
I'm a fan of bling, non-bling, I love them all! That is a very pretty one you picked out. The arm bevel looks super comfy. Let us know when it arrives!

Wowie, I don't think you could get any more bling on a uke. It's lovely. Yes, I too hope it sounds as good as it looks, it will sound like a harp!
Rainbow sounds like such a cool name for a uke. Heck, it's a cool name for anything!

As "blingy" ukes go, that's a very nice one. Hoping it plays/sounds as good as it looks.

It's a shame they don't have video samples of these instruments. A search on YouTube for Grape Ukulele led only to one video by ALL THE INSPIRATION YOU NEED (the name appeared in all capital letters) and featured a mahogany ukulele that sounded as if it were out of tune.

I had not heard of the Rainbow Ukulele Shop--but they also carry some high end instruments, so my hope is that you purchased an incredible instrument at a great price--with the savings generated by being an import from a relatively new and/or unknown brand.

As I compare the price, it isn't much more expensive than one of the higher end Mainland Concert ukuleles (although yours comes with a number of added features), so if you get a ukulele in the range of the quality of a Mainland--you will have made an incredible purchase!

Please post pictures and some videos when your ukulele arrives! You will be helping others!

You could drop the recording on a free sound cloud account, put it in Dropbox, or even make a video with a static picture and put the audio over the picture--then placing that on YouTube.

Sounds pretty good in that recording. I'd want to compare it to something else in the general range. Is it a solid top with laminate sides or all solid?

I bought the Bird's Eye Maple Concert. I was very pleased with the instrument, the finish is excellent, and it sounds comparable to my Pono MGCD. Definitely an attention grabber. The looks alone make be want to pick it up and play it all the time. It is all laminate, with maple arm rest. Good intonation, action is a little high, one rough spot on the A string side of the sound hole. No internal bracing and a bit on the heavy side. The little laminate strip on the bridge looks like it's off a bit. When I change the strings I'll see if that's my imagination or if it needs a little fixing.

I've seen these for sale in a couple of places. On Ebay, and at a couple of online music stores. The price at Rainbow Ukulele Shop is the best including free shipping.

Clear and bright sounding. A few just popped up on ebay. Been thinking about these, kind of looks like one of the new Oscar Schmidts comfort edge ukes on steroids which sound better amplified than some people give them credit for. Could be coming out of the same factory.

Last edited:
That's exactly the thing. Except mine didn't seem to be completely seated correctly within its slot. I haven't changed the strings yet, so I'm leaving it alone for now. Thanks for the confirmation.

Top Bottom