FT Koaloha Super Concert for a baritone ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukulately

Reaction score
So after playing a bit of guitar recently (and failing), I am finding my ukulele VERY small. I think 4 strings are my thing though so would like to try a baritone. Anyone got something they would like to trade +/- cash?

I have this:

http://www.theukulelesite.com/shop-by/koaloha-super-concert-kcm-02-2.html

Mine is an older model (2013) that looks like the one in the video with the simpler headstock. Includes case etc. I can supply some pics at some point but it's in excellent condition. I'm in Australia btw. It would be easier to deal with someone here but not impossible to deal internationally.

One of those Pono Nui Jumbos might be nice ...
Might buy outright if you have something going ...
Might sell the Koaloha ...
Perfect world would be to keep the Koaloha and add a cheap/decent baritone to the mix. Maybe I should just get a 3/4 nylon string and remove those pesky low strings.

That's a decent price if it's in good shape. That will have the shorter 19" scale that I like, but if you're wanting longer, you might want to get a modern 20" scale or like you said an even longer Nui.

Ah I hadn't clocked it was a slightly shorter scale. I'm also more interested in a more guitar-like sound (heresy!) for this instrument, so bigger is probably better.

I have played a few Tanglewood guitars and been impressed so am considering their TU5 baritone uke as a starter.

The Nui looks great but would like to play one, if possible, before I fork out that sort of cash.

Anyone know if the cheap Makala/Kala /Ohanas etc compare to the Tanglewood? i guess I would prefer a solid top but maybe it doesn't matter so much.

The Makala baris that I've heard sound OK, but the cedar top Kala sound is much better, warm & mellow with (Living Water) flourocarbon strings, 20.25" scale. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom