FS: KoAloha Koa Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmcnelly

Reaction score
Got UAS when first learning and bought this but rarely played it, then developed tendonitis. So it is practically unused. In Uke Crazy hard case with Herco Humidifier, purchased new from MGM in March 2010. More pics in the second post.

$650 shipped within USA.

SOLD !

--Rick

(Edited to add when/where purchased).

20170430-084300.jpg20170430-084402.jpg20170430-084422.jpg20170430-084438.jpg20170430-084500.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have any idea what year this was made. It has a slotted bridge instead of a tie bridge which I have never seen on one of these before.

Do you have any idea what year this was made. It has a slotted bridge instead of a tie bridge which I have never seen on one of these before.

Looking back at my post history I believe I bought it new around March 2010. Since I was just a beginner I practiced on my cheap ukes and only played this a few times to compare the sound. It is in excellent condition.

Koaloha Concert.
My favourite!
I have mine in exactly the same crazy case also!
Good luck with the sale. Somebody is going to get an awesome ukulele. These really are a ‘do it all’ uke!

PS. Build date should be printed on the inside of the neck block!

Koaloha Concert.
My favourite!
I have mine in exactly the same crazy case also!
Good luck with the sale. Somebody is going to get an awesome ukulele. These really are a ‘do it all’ uke!

PS. Build date should be printed on the inside of the neck block!

Thanks! Built Jan 2010.

The uke is sold pending funds!

Went quick.

This is a great ukulele. I have one that I have been reluctant to part with even though it is not the one I play most. I have a question about the tendonitis. Did you develop it playing the ukulele? I developed tendonitis in the palm of my left hand and tennis elbow from playing so long. It is a killer and really limits how long I can play and which ukulele brand I can play. The KoAloha's with their slim neck seem to be the easiest for me to play..

This is a great ukulele. I have one that I have been reluctant to part with even though it is not the one I play most. I have a question about the tendonitis. Did you develop it playing the ukulele? I developed tendonitis in the palm of my left hand and tennis elbow from playing so long. It is a killer and really limits how long I can play and which ukulele brand I can play. The KoAloha's with their slim neck seem to be the easiest for me to play..

I'm 56, and the tendonitis began as I expanded the chords I could play. I'm sure other things contributed but it got bad enough I put the ukes away, and have finally decided to sell the more expensive ones. :-(

make sure you stretch alot. Your fingers are a pulley system and can easily get over-used. I regularly stretch my lumbricals and MCP and PIP joints in the hand, and do a self massage to my palm. Since I started playing I noticed that my fingers get tighter faster. Plus I make sure my fingers are curled correctly; this is to prevent over use/repetitive use injury. Also, I limit my playing time with each instrument per session, to be sure to rest my tissues. Either to play a different uke, instrument, or activity altogether.

Last edited:
make sure you stretch alot. Your fingers are a pulley system and can easily get over-used. I regularly stretch my lumbricals and MCP and PIP joints in the hand, and do a self massage to my palm. Since I started playing I noticed that my fingers get tighter faster. Plus I make sure my fingers are curled correctly; this is to prevent over use/repetitive use injury. Also, I limit my playing time with each instrument per session, to be sure to rest my tissues. Either to play a different uke, instrument, or activity altogether.

Thanks Sean,

I'm pretty gimped up right now recovering from rotator cuff surgery w/four partial thickness tears in 3 tendons and they relocated my bicep tendon. Pretty much put an end to anything recreational for the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom