WTB Ken Timms Koa Soprano Ukulele

Ukador

Reaction score
Hello !

A while ago Mister Ken Timms ( Timbuck ) build a few Koa Soprano Ukuleles.

As I am looking for a Soprano Ukulele at the moment I would like to let you guys know that I am very interested in buying one of them.

I know ... the chances are small that the owners are around here and are willing to part with their Koa Ken Timms but I will give it a try :)

Thanks
Ukador

Last edited:
You might be in luck, there is one currently for sale--posted only a couple of days ago. Although it might not be a koa. Check the threads from the 4/25

I think that would be mine, thanks cogfasser, but it's mahogany, not koa. I would live to have a soprano Timms koa myself!

Why not ask Ken to make you one?

Yes, I tried to commission one but unfortunately he is not building any Ukes at the moment :(

Well, I might be able to help you. I bought one of the Koas from Ken. Unfortunately the back was pretty badly cracked in shipping. Mr. Timms returned my money and allowed me to keep the uke. I'm in now about $100 in repairs and another $70 in a hard shell Uke Crazy case. The repairs are solid and include some cleating on the back. It would, however, benefit from some refinishing. I live in a dry climate and think this uke would probably be better off in a more humid local. I would be happy to sell it to you with the case for my investment ($170 plus shipping) but I am inexperienced shipping overseas. If this sounds like something you may be interested in I can send you some photos but if you want something pristine, which I can understand, I'd rather not go thru the trouble. The uke sounds good. I have a mahogany Timms and a mahogany Martin so I'd be happy to let this go to someone who will enjoy it.

One more comment: the wood is very thin on this uke and that is another reason I think it would like a more humid climate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom