My first build.

Ukemakinmecrazy

Reaction score
Finish ain't great, but it sounds awesome.

Please excuse my horrific playing. I really need to focus on learning to play now. It is really punchier sounding than this sound clip shows. Don't know if that is considered good or bad. Cell phone video with accompanying poor cell phone audio.

Last edited:
Thanks Pete! Building is fun, but a lot more technical than I first thought it would be. I hope to get better at finishing them, that has been my biggest challenge on this first one. Rattle can nitro lacquer.
Beautiful job. Love the headstock.
NOW LET'S HEAR IT.

Congratulations on your first built, complete with a rosette and binding. It looks and sounds great. Now that you know how to make a uke, there's a lifetime ahead of you seeing if you can make a better looking, better sounding, different shaped......................well there's no end to what you may find you have to do. Welcome to the club and many happy days of perfecting your craft and of becoming a musician.

Last edited:
On a side note, This uke originally had a cedar top and after I put it together and strung it up, it played nicely.......until I dropped it on the garage floor. Shattered the cedar top. Had to remove it and decided to go back with redwood. :wallbash:

wow.. what a tragedy..(In dropping it and shattering the soundboard). but...........You got experience fixing it... that's skills worth having... Very nice job... and it sounds great...

Incredible look and sound! That headstock is striking - well the whole thing is gorgeous!!!

Top Bottom