Need audio cable advice

VegasGeorge

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
First off, "Hi everyone!" Sorry for the long absence. A lot has happened in my life, and I'm just starting to catch up with my old activities. I hope to be regular on the board again soon.

Now, for the question: I want to plug my Uke into my Harley-Davidson Boom Audio system, and use the amp and speakers on the bike for playing while parked at events. I have an Aux Input installed on the Boom system. It comes out with a 3.5mm male stereo plug. My Uke, of course, has a mono 1/4 inch female receptacle with a little pre-amp in the body of the instrument. So, what do I need to get from the mono on the Uke, to the stereo on the Boom system? I've been looking online, and I'm confused by the plethora of connectors, adaptors, and cables. Perhaps this would help me: If I use a stereo plug in the Uke, will it supply a signal to both channels on the Boom end? If so, problem solved. If not, what do I do? Thanks!

Last edited:
Before my boys were born (my oldest turns 9 this week), I did a lot of riding (20K a year or more) and went to a lot of bike rallies. I have never seen someone playing a ukulele at a bike rally or event. That would be fun.

That said, Rollie and are are riding our bikes somewhere this summer and meeting up to play...looking forward to that!

Actually I'm pretty sure that if you use that cable you would only get a signal to one channel of the stereo. You'll need a mono to stereo adapter as well. Like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-CMP-110...r=8-2&keywords=1/4+inch+mono+to+3.5+mm+stereo

31YuIHAlO0L.jpg

The bigger issue is that the impedance of the uke may not match that of the stereo, but since you say you have an onboard preamp, you should have enough signal strength.

Actually I'm pretty sure that if you use that cable you would only get a signal to one channel of the stereo. You'll need a mono to stereo adapter as well. Like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Hosa-CMP-110...r=8-2&keywords=1/4+inch+mono+to+3.5+mm+stereo

31YuIHAlO0L.jpg

The bigger issue is that the impedance of the uke may not match that of the stereo, but since you say you have an onboard preamp, you should have enough signal strength.

This cable will work, too. Plus it has options for different lengths.

Top Bottom