Tab–U–Learn site closed

Lori

Uke Crazy
UU VIP
Reaction score
We just lost another great uke website Tab-U-Learn http://www.microshare.net/tabulearn/
They are seem to be worried about copyright infringement. They had an excellent selections of tablatures for ukulele, and I wish I had downloaded everything on their site. Just goes to show, you never know how long a resource is going to stay online, so if you find something you might want, don't wait and download it now.

–Lori :wallbash:

Sad.

It's sad to see them go; they were great.

Good thing I downloaded so much stuff first.

That sux!!!!

That is really lousy!!! He really helped me get started on the baritone and he had some great stuff on there! I wish I had printed it all out. PHOOEY!!!!

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Tab-U-Learn is back up with tons of good stuff! :D

Don't know what copyright issues might have been, but everything seems to be original tabs by Roger Ruthen of public domain material.

Classical lovers, this is a goldmine! Bach, Beethoven, Handel, Brahms, and a lot of pieces originally for classical guitar... Tarrega, Sor, Aguado, Carcassi, Carulli. :cool:

does anybody know how I could contact the owner of the site? I'm starting my own tab site soon and would like to know what his legal troubles revolved around and how it was resolved (beyond knowing simply that it was copyright infringement)

Tab-U-Learn is back up with tons of good stuff! :D

Don't know what copyright issues might have been, but everything seems to be original tabs by Roger Ruthen of public domain material.

Classical lovers, this is a goldmine! Bach, Beethoven, Handel, Brahms, and a lot of pieces originally for classical guitar... Tarrega, Sor, Aguado, Carcassi, Carulli. :cool:

WOOT! Thanks for the update!

does anybody know how I could contact the owner of the site? I'm starting my own tab site soon and would like to know what his legal troubles revolved around and how it was resolved (beyond knowing simply that it was copyright infringement)
Just go to his "about" page and leave a message. You could always request that he contact you privately via email (since he has to approve messages before they're made public anyway).

Almost all tab sites are taken down due to copyright infringement. Technically tabs do not fall under the fair use doctrine so music companies can request you take down tabs. Its one of the main reasons we don't have tabs on our main site. don't want to go through the hassle of being harassed. Though it does appear that those music companies don't actively search , "ukulele tabs" because its not really well known knowledge that you can play anything on the ukulele.

where does it say on the site that Tab-U-Learn is shutting down? Or are they simply removing perviously posted tabs... Because... a bunch of them still work.

Top Bottom