New Anniversary Kamaka

Tanman

Reaction score
Stumbled across this anniversary Kamaka and couldn't resist. There's just something about the Kamaka sound, so classic. Beautiful little build with the extra flourishes.
IMG_1398.jpgIMG_1396.jpg

Congrats on your new Kamaka! The top looks spectacular and I bet it adds a wonderful tone to an already awesome Uke!

Beautiful Kamaka, the front view is spectacuar, but what about the back. I bet it has some gorgeous koa...........if only there were pictures of it. Congratulations, you have stumpled upon on really special instrument.

Very cool. Spruce-topped Kamaka's are seen few and far between, which is a shame as they generally sound better to my ear than the koa variety. Congrats!

Wow, that's a very nice Kamaka! Haven't seen many of these spruce topped ones. Congrats!

Oh yes, the back. Nice deluxe koa, maybe not as premium as some of the stuff Kanile'a offers, but no complaints here.

IMG_1427.jpg

Yeah the spruce is what got me. I love softwood tops on ukes!

Last edited:
That is one special Uke ... if you ever want to sell it, keep me in mind! ;)

Certainly a beauty and a very special Kamaka!!! Enjoy!!!

Gorgeous Kamaka! Those spruce-topped Kamakas are hard to come by.

Beautiful! Congrats!

Too much bling bling for me but othern than that ... very nice wood combination.

Just changed out the stock black Kamaka strings for Phds. Dialing in strings, every uke is so different. I'm lucky to have another recent Kamaka concert but with a cedar top. That one loved the stock stings and now has on it Ko'olau mahanas which it loves even more. Both nylon strings. The anniversary with spruce top concert felt like it needed fluoros on it. The spruce seems brighter and more percussive, the fluoros to my ear add a little more color and sustain. The C string was buzzing so I switched it back out for the stock Kamaka black nylon C string, acting kinda like a wound third string for a concert. Sounding and playing awesome now.

Last edited:
Wow! Very nice uke! Congratulations.

Looks amazing! That's the first spruce top anniversary I've seen...nice find!

Top Bottom