New Version of Chordette

UkeStuff

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

As a person with a professional focus on music education, technology, and somewhat more recently, ukulele, I thought it would be good to mention that there is a new version of the Chordette application...a program for Mac and Windows that adds a chord diagram font set, and also makes it easy to insert those fonts into various program.

If you are person, like me, that makes notated lead sheets, Chordette isn't necessary; if you are making group (or personal) lyric sheets with chords, and want to put the chords either at the top of the page (think Daily 365) or elsewhere (along the side), Chordette is a great solution.

I just attended a session by a leading ukulele pedagogue, who provided chord sheets with hand written chords. The hand-written chords were basically illegible after photocopying. That pedagogue could have used Chordette.

For the record, I am not employed or paid by the developer to mention the app in any way, and I have bought the application myself. I did, however, get to use a demo version while teaching my ukulele units in this winter/spring--and I will say that the developer is quick to answer questions and was also willing to make some changes to chord files based on the chords we were using at school.

Incidentally, while the Chordette app for iOS was commissioned by the developer, it was not actually made by the developer, and the developer does not recommend its purchase.

Chordette is available for Windows and macOS, supporting multiple tunings, including the ukulele and mandolin family of instruments, and guitar. If you buy the bundle versions you get additional version of the app for half-price.

Additionally, for the month of May all ukefarm products are 30% off of the listed price. Enter the code "ukefarm" for the discount.

http://www.ukefarm.com/chordette/

There is a Chordette Read Me file for installation and usage:
http://www.ukefarm.com/chordette/Chordette-ReadMe.pdf

Please be advised that the new version of Chordette is not compatible with the previous free version. Any song sheets you might have created with previous versions will display alphanumeric characters if you uninstall the previous version fonts. The previous version will not conflict with the new app. The fonts have been remapped and renamed, and the new app is coded to only recognize the new fonts.

Last edited:
I wanted to let everyone know that John Baxter has created special ukulele chord fonts for education, featuring some color fonts (based on the KIDS Ukulele Strings) and 3D fretboards as well. These chord fonts show suggested fingering.

Right now, Chordette for Education is Mac Only, although black and white Windows fonts are coming (Windows doesn't handle color fonts, although Mac's ability to handle them is mixed as well).

You can use these fonts on an iPad or iPhone using the Any Font app.

I initially asked John to develop these education fonts, but I do not work with him, nor am I receiving any "lkickback" for the mention. As the Chordette for Education site just went live, I purchased a copy of those fonts, too.

Chordette for Education: http://www.ukefarm.com/chordetteEd/index.html
Regular Chordette: http://www.ukefarm.com/chordette/index.html

If you create your own resources, these fonts/Chordette will be a great tool for you to use.

I forgot to mention that Chordette for Education Windows is out now...and there is a price reduction for Chordette for Education this month (August). I have been having a blast creating documents/videos with it.

I just purchased the Chordette for Ukulele app for $10, but unfortunately it isn't working for me... the chords aren't showing up :( Will have to try to see if I can get Paypal to void the transaction.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-10 190715.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-10 190715.png
    15 KB · Views: 5
The app hasn’t worked for years (the creator died of cancer) and the website is run by his son, and has been up and down over the years.

The Chordette fonts still work, and I use them all the time.

Hello everyone,

As a person with a professional focus on music education, technology, and somewhat more recently, ukulele, I thought it would be good to mention that there is a new version of the Chordette application...a program for Mac and Windows that adds a chord diagram font set, and also makes it easy to insert those fonts into various program.

If you are person, like me, that makes notated lead sheets, Chordette isn't necessary; if you are making group (or personal) lyric sheets with chords, and want to put the chords either at the top of the page (think Daily 365) or elsewhere (along the side), Chordette is a great solution.

I just attended a session by a leading ukulele pedagogue, who provided chord sheets with hand written chords. The hand-written chords were basically illegible after photocopying. That pedagogue could have used Chordette.

For the record, I am not employed or paid by the developer to mention the app in any way, and I have bought the application myself. I did, however, get to use a demo version while teaching my ukulele units in this winter/spring--and I will say that the developer is quick to answer questions and was also willing to make some changes to chord files based on the chords we were using at school.

Incidentally, while the Chordette app for iOS was commissioned by the developer, it was not actually made by the developer, and the developer does not recommend its purchase.

Chordette is available for Windows and macOS, supporting multiple tunings, including the ukulele and mandolin family of instruments, and guitar. If you buy the bundle versions you get additional version of the app for half-price.

Additionally, for the month of May all ukefarm products are 30% off of the listed price. Enter the code "ukefarm" for the discount.

http://www.ukefarm.com/chordette/

There is a Chordette Read Me file for installation and usage:
http://www.ukefarm.com/chordette/Chordette-ReadMe.pdf

Please be advised that the new version of Chordette is not compatible with the previous free version. Any song sheets you might have created with previous versions will display alphanumeric characters if you uninstall the previous version fonts. The previous version will not conflict with the new app. The fonts have been remapped and renamed, and the new app is coded to only recognize the new fonts.

Remember "The Chordettes" on Arthur Godfrey?

The app hasn’t worked for years (the creator died of cancer) and the website is run by his son, and has been up and down over the years.

The Chordette fonts still work, and I use them all the time.
Thank you for the update.. sad to hear about the news. And you're right, I just checked and the fonts do work, just not the app itself (can't copy and paste from the app). But, at least I have workable fonts from the purchase, so I'm ok with that.

Top Bottom