WTB nice soprano uke, old/new Martin/Kiwaya or similar quality, £800 to spend

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark howard

Reaction score
Hi all,

does anyone have a nice soprano for sale, good condition vintage model Martin/Gibson models 2 or 3 or something like a Kiwaya kts7 or similar for the modern types, budget of around £800, uk or europe purchase or USA, if theres no issues with the cites stuff.

thanks Mark

I'm sure you check eBay for this, but Reverb and Elderly both frequently have used Kiwaya, and a KTS-7 just sold for well within your budget. If you can live without the bling, I think a KTS-5 is around that new, and is otherwise exactly like a 7. Good luck, if you get a Kiwaya, I think you'll be very happy with it.

I have just sold my Kala Elite Soprano. I can honestly say that these are one of the best out there. I just don’t play Soprano enough to justify keeping it.
The price of these is unbelievable. they really are that good!
I think people are put off by the Kala badge, but these are so much more than the ‘standard’ Kala you could buy. Even the case is great!

http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Kala-Elite-Series-KOA-1-Soprano-Ukulele-Satin-Natural/1XOK
http://www.southernukulelestore.co....prano-Solid-Koa-Matte-08030616-with-hard-case
A recommended purchase.

I just bought Kev's Elite soprano. He ain't wrong - if you don't mind not having the extended fretboard of the KTS-7 I thoroughly recommend the Kala Elite.

@Django just listed a recent Martin 3K for $930 USD. Definitely worth a look.

Thanks for all the suggestions chaps, I have now found an instrument, not exactly what I was initially after, but something I have always fancied, a 1920's gibson UB1

Be here in a few days, all set up and all original, new skin and strings, and owned by a pro performer/recording artist.

I'll let you know how I get on, just need to find a hard case for......

All the Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom